Greg One Shot for Becca (Becca1DTSTW/twitter)

Feeling the warm summer sun beating down on me and the light breeze blowing through my hair; hearing the sound of birds chirping joyfully outside the car and smelling the smell of freshly cut grass mixed with the crisp air. If only I knew where I was...

"Greg!" I whine, frustrated. “How long am I gonna have to stay blindfolded?”

“Just a little while longer. Hang in there,” my boyfriend laughs as I pout, wanting to see our surroundings.

“Where are we going anyway?” I question, swiftly bringing my hand up to my eyes and trying to sneak a peek; but before I manage to catch a glimpse of anything, his hand swipes mine away from the blindfold.

“No peeking! I want this to be the ultimate surprise," he smirks.

I sigh exasperatedly, crossing my arms trying to look annoyed, but failing as a small smile spreads across my lips. I have to admit that it’s awfully sweet of him for doing this.

“A hint please?” 

“Okay. Well there’s nature...The ground... The sky... And people...” Greg teases with a smirk.

“Greg!” I exclaim again, slapping him light heartedly in the arm. “That can be anywhere!”

"I know," he sniggers. 

I give up protesting, knowing he isn't going to tell me. I fidget in my seat impatiently, wondering how much longer our drive will be.

"We're almost there," he chuckles, noticing my actions, patting my hand softly. "And no, you can't take your blindfold off until I tell you,"

"Damn you're good!" I say under my breath, not really surprised he knew what I wanted to ask.

"We're here babe," he says after a few sharp turns.

I feel him reaching over to open my car door, as he tells me to stay put so he can help me out.

His hand slips into mine a short minute later, and he guides me out of the car, closing the car door behind us.

We walk for a few moments longer before we stop. 

"Alright, you ready?" He asks; his hands behind my head ready to undo my blindfold.

"Yes!" I jump up and down in excitement.

"3...2...1..."

Greg takes the blindfold away from my eyes, as I gasp instantaneously at the sight. We're standing on a dock- the glistening lake water surrounding three sides of it. In the middle of the dock, sits a table set with two chairs. I find myself gaping in awe as I walk closer to examine it.

In the middle of the table lays a single red rose, and a picnic basket. My curiosity grows, so I take a peek inside the basket, momentarily feeling Greg's arms wrap tightly around my waist.

"All of my favourite food?" I exclaim excitedly, rummaging through the items in the basket.

"Mhhmm," Greg beams proudly.

I turn around in his arms to look at him, us both smiling widely.

"But why? What's the special occasion?" I ask uncertainly, hoping I didn't forget something.

"Aren't I allowed to set up surprise dates for my beautiful girlfriend?" he shrugs shyly.

I giggle, tip-toeing up to give him a short but sweet kiss on the lips and a tight hug.

"I'll take that as a yes," he chuckles. “There’s one more surprise," he says suddenly.

 I look up at him with curiosity filled eyes, "more?"

"Yep, I can't wait any longer," He says, flashing a perfect smile.

He reaches for the rose on the table earlier and hands it to me.

"It's beautiful. But you didn't have to-" I stop short, feeling something slip down from the rose stem and into my hand.

A ring.

"No way," I whisper softly, trying to suppress a smile.

Greg slides the ring off the stem, intertwining his hand with mine before getting down on one knee. “Would you do me the honor of being my wife Becca?” He asks, looking up at me with passion filled eyes.

"Yes!" I say without a second's thought, as he slips the ring onto my finger.

I swiftly pounce on him to give him a big hug.

"I love you so much," I whisper in his ear. 

Greg simply chuckles before guiding my lips onto his for a passionate kiss. 

Here's to his summer day that will begin a whole new chapter in my life with the person I adore.