Micky One Shot for Jemma (as-mad-as-the-hatter/tumblr)

Contains references to self-harming… Sorry if I tug on anyone’s emotions, and terribly sorry if I offend anyone.

————————————————————————————-

“Micky! I’m putting Harry Potter in!” I yell from the living room as I insert the disk into the player.

“Alright Jemm, I’ll be right there!” The sound of Micky’s voice travels from the kitchen, accompanied by the smell and sound of popping popcorn.

I zone out waiting for him, immersing myself into thought.

Never in a million years did I think I would find someone like Micky. Someone so caring, cute, funny…

After feeling so unwanted through these years, it feels nice to know that there’s someone who’ll stick by me, through my ups and downs.

“Ooph! Mick!” I shout, startled as Micky comes in dumping all the blankets and pillows on my head.

“You’re so amused aren’t you?” My voice comes out muffled under the blankets.

He lets out a cheeky giggle, before helping lift the pile from me.

“I’ll be right back with the food,” He says enthusiastically before dashing into the kitchen again.

I smile at his cute gesture, as I arrange the blankets and pillows nicely around me.

Micky returns juggling a massive bowl of popcorn, lollies and drinks a minute or so later, which he puts on the table beside us. He cuddles up close next to me, and I find myself captivated by the smell of his aftershave and the warmth he radiates.

The credits start rolling but I still stare at the tv, absorbing in the details of the movie even though I’ve watched it so many times.

There’s a sudden movement from Micky.

“Stop! Micky!!” I shriek, as he tickles me mercilessly at my sides, to the point I’m in tears from laughing.

“Micky!” I scream again. He chuckles cheekily as I try to fight him off.

“Never!” he smirks as he tickles me some more.

He comes to an arupt stop. I try to catch my breath, trying to find out what made him stop after saying he wouldn’t.

I look up at him, and his expression strikes me. He looked hurt, sad, worried…What happened?

Seeing his eyes staring intently, I follow his line of sight, a shock of panic quickly running through my body realising what he’s been looking at. My scars.

“Micky,” I whisper.

“Why?” He asks quietly, his voice shaky and his face crumbling into a heart breaking expression.

I open my mouth to explain myself, but the words just refuse to come out. All that does come out are my tears.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He whispers, trying to hold himself together as he wipes the tears off my face with his hand.

“I…I didn’t want you to find out. I didn’t want you to think of me as some freak. I didn’t want anyone else knowing-” The words just tremble out, and the tears start streaming down my face.

“I love you Jemma, and I’ll love you no matter what. You’re too beautiful,” I watch as a lone tear rolls down his cheek. “I’m so sorry,” He says.

“You shouldn’t be sorry Micky. This isn’t your fault-” I try to tell him.

“But I could’ve been there to help you. I could’ve been there to protect you, I’m sorry,” he says desperately.

“It isn’t your fault!” I say again, more loudly this time, shaking my head vigorously as the tears spill from my eyes.

“Can you promise me-” Micky talks quietly, squeezing both my hands tightly to his. “-Promise me you’ll try your best to not do this again. I know it’s hard, but please do try for me; I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose you! Promise me you’ll come to me, I don’t care what time, where I am, who I’m with, if I’m onstage, anything, I’ll be ready to help my girl, promise,”

Just hearing the sweet concern in his voice triggers the tears to fall. Being too overwhelmed with emotion, I nod in agreeing to his promise.

He pulls me onto his lap and leans my head on his chest, letting my tears soak his shirt. His gentle stroke of my hair somehow comforts me, slowing my breathing and loosening my tense muscles.

The safe and secureness I feel in his embrace, knowing he’ll never let anything or anyone hurt me. I wish we could remain like this forever.

He starts to hum the tune of my favourite song, cradling me and rocking back and forth, as I let my eyes droop shut after a long emotional day.

“Sweet dreams,” I hear, followed by a gentle kiss on my forehead before drifting to sleep in Micky’s safe arms.

————————————————————————————-

Once again, sorry if this offended anyone.

I don’t usually get emotionally attached when writing…but I teared up writing this, remembering back to when I had a friend last year suffering from depression.

So in general…

If you do self-harm or you suffer from depression, Please know that it’ll be okay. There are people out there that can and will help you, me being one of them. Even if it doesn’t seem like it, there are people that love you, so stay strong.

-Emily x