A moment of Truth

*playing piano*
"Na na na --- *looks at the camera* Oh hey there! How's your weekend? I hope you're all doing good. Are you wondering what was i doing? Well.. someone suggested to write a Spanglish version of "Fireworks" by TWICE and *looking at thr piano* I somehow think that i am getting the pronunciation and lyrics wrong."

*knock knock*

"Come in, its open!"

The door slowly opens.

"Hey Nina!"
Nina: Uhmm author-san, Konichiwa *fidgeted her fingers*
"Hello there. So how are you doing? Where's the rest?"
Nina: I went here alone.
She sat down while cupping both of her hands unto her face.
"You seemed to be down today, what's the matter? Do you have any problems?"
Nina just tilted her head.
"You can talk it over to your unnies"
Nina breathes out.
Nina: I don't want them to hear about it. I don't want them to feel bad for me and to themselves.
"But i can tell that you feel bad yourself."
Nina: Because..
"Hmm.. Some of NiziU's photos being seen on everywhere circulates around every SNS. I am glad that you girls are having a lot of rest today. That rest won't be too long when you debuted you know"
Nina: Author-unnie.. *then she looks at me* Have you dreamt about being an Idol?
"To be honest? When i was young? Yes"
Nina: What happened unnie? Why didn't you go and pursue it?
*smiles* "Did you just call me unnie?"
Nina *sheepishly covers her mouth* G-gomen.. A-author, i mean!
"That's fine, you can call me unnie. I am the big sister of Kpop community and Spazzers tho i myself isnt a spazzer. But yeah, when i was young i kind of feel like it must have been nice to sing on stage, hearing people scream your name, wearing cute dresses..."
Nina giggled
"Why?"
Nina: I didn't know you have a girly side, Author-san.
"And i never even thought that you have a baby side"
Both of us just laughs.
"But to be honest, in my level of talent, i cannot pass. I sing very low and out of tune and it can't be harnessed, Like your Fuwafuwa unnie, i used to be lead a dancing group despite on my dancing disabilities because they say i have a good stage appeal and i was once a part of a dancing and singing group but my unnies there are busy with their personal lives *looks at the window* the oldest of us is turning 32."
Nina: Sugoi unnie. But JYP says that when there's a will, there's a way.. right? Why didn't you pursue it?
"For a 15 year old, you really are Naive."
I closed the piano and faced her.
"Nina there are some things that you cannot understand. Yes, i do want to become a singer, a performer like you but i wasnt blessed with talent, with a wonderful yet powerful singing voice like yours and flexible body. Your flexes tells me you can dance"
Nina just looks down. I hold her shoulders and looks at her.
"I love music but my flexes and voice won't cooperate. I cannot do anything about it but.. if there is something that i can contribute to music, it is to write songs and poetries."
Nina: I hope, i can write songs too.
"Sure you can! I believe that there is a lot of things that you can do. You are a very gifted child Nina. Having a singer like you means a lot to the industry"
Nina looks down
Nina: But my voice.. you know what unnie, when i was in Nizi.. to cope up my dancing disadvantages, i tend to sing a lot and belt notes even if it wasn't necessary.
There are times that i feel like i am whining more than singing.
"Nina.."
Nina: I want *her hand suddenly tightens* to be the best vocalist that this industry could have. Someone like.. IU! But in this level.. i can't be.. Perhaps they're right...
Her tears suddenly fell down.
Nina: I am just an average singer who just wants to be praised! I am no good! I cant even dance! I am way too behind with unnies *wipes her tears* I wish i was blessed with so powerful voice.. anf amazing dancing skills.
"Isn't your voice powerful enough?"
Then i wiped her tears.
"Let me tell you what Nina.. your voice is a blessing that was given to you. The way it was supposed to be harnessed is up to you."
Nina: But i don't know how..
"The sad thing about Industry nowadays is, they never let a performer to explore her own. I believe that our Nina was born to be a star."
I keep on whiping her tears.
"Let your voice explore music before you let it dominate the world. To be honest, your singing voice just came out naturally, it doesnt have a force.. It has a high pitch, a wide range but the problem is, you rely on it too much, you somehow used it to show off which isn't good"
Nina: What should i do, unnie?
"People must have a good rapport towards music. Your voice should associate with songs, any forms or genre, Kpop, Cpop or what.. You know, as an english translator, i cannot tell if my lyrics are right and accurate to the song but i am confident to know that the lyrics that i composed are the hidden messages of these songs i am translating. As a writer, i develop a rapport with words first then music and its every elements, the emotions it conveys, the flow, the rhythm, the beat and the rhyme before all the words came naturally.. i ended up composing my own songs after. Same as to singing, Your vocals must have a rapport with the music first, its rhyme, its emotions, its elements, the rhythm it has before your voice came up naturally and you'll ended up creating your own vocal technique."
I simply pats her head "I harness my writing ability through music, i didn't just listen to music, i read it, i convey its emotions, its message that it conveys and study all its elements, you harness your own vocal ability through composing every tune, explore its range and width, study its boundaries and surpass it. Go forth beyond it. You get what i mean?"
Nina: Sugoi unnie! You're awesome! Yujin-unnie once told me that you are nothing but an old yet goofy and perverted woman.
"Well she's right, i do like young boy--"
*pinch*
Eunbi: That's enough Author-nim, we never had a proper comeback since NiziU.
"You never even had a proper comeback too you saggy old--"
*pinches the other side of my face*
  Chaeyeon: Long time no see, Author-nimmu!
*all of the Iz*One member appears*
Yena: We're having another japanese comeback, just so you know.
"If that so then why are you faggots still here?"
Hitomi: Just informing an old lady like you because it seems that you're assuming that we disbanded already.
"Oh, no wonder why fromis9 was cancelled again"
Wonyoung *greets Nina* Hey Nina!
Nina: Kon kon Wonyo-unnie!
Minju: Your hair is growing back author-nim, guess the original visual is going to return huh?
"Get out"
Nako: Why should we?
Sakura: I'm your favorite bitch, remember?
"Just get the hell out of ---"
Eunbi *drags me outside* You're coming with ---
"No!"
Eunbi *pinches my ears* Don't be a brat let's go.
Yujin: So long Nina!
Wonyoung: Bye Nina!
******
Nina is currently alone.
"You harness your own vocal ability through composing every tune, explore its range and width, study its boundaries and surpass it. Go forth beyond it, You get what i mean?"
Nina breathes out and closed her eyes.
Nina: I know what she's trying to say but i don't know if i can do that.
"Nina?"
Nina turned her head and look behind. An unfamiliar person suddenly appears.
Nina was just looking at her.
"You're Nina, right?"
Nina just nodded.
"I'm Jamie, the golden voice of JYP, 1/2 of 15&Baek"
Nina's eyes widen.
"I can tell that you are surprised yet you don't know me."
Nina keeps on looking at her.
Jamie sits with her.
"You sure have a weak brown yet gray eyes. It somehow looks confusing"
Nina: Golden Voice... she must have been good.. the best.. I don't know her but i can tell that she is good.
"I was told to look for you but I ended up prying to your conversation with that old woman.. Looking at you, i can tell that you are still doubting about your vocal ability. You want it to be the strongest yet it ends being messed up, right?"
Nina looks down.
"The hag is right. It somehow amazing that she implies her writing hobby through music just to give you an advice but she didnt tell you One thing"
Nina: W-what is it unnie?
"It's the passion inside. Love is the most fundamental element of all things, in singing especially."
Nina: But i love Music..
"Do you love music because you're an artist who performa in front of many people? Or you love music because its your passion?"
Then she smiled.
"You prowess a powerful voice at such tender age. Make passion be the most fundamental element of Singing. The love you have for it, the passion you have. Pour it through singing.. don't mind the other people, build that passion through yourself.. and apply the elements the old hag says." Then she looks at Nina again.
"Be a performer that you want to be, not the performer people expect you to be. Build love and passion through singing first"
Both of them looks at the window
"Be a performer with Incomparable singing voice. A vocals that isn't like IU or anyone else. Make this stardom be your own journey of discovering yourself, of exceeding your limits"
Then she caressed her hair while looks at her. "The world will be yours and you can surpass anyone of us someday"
Nina's tears slowly fell down
"I want to meet you someday as a confident mature performer." Then she slowly wipes her tears "You will be your own icon"
Nina suddenly hugs her and cried. She was carried away by what Jamie says. Jamie just smiled and hugs her tight.
"Thank you for letting me mert such an amazing young lady, Pd-san"