Blossomed Friendship

A/N: I just thought about that fictional girlgroup KIMI (pokegirls) and iz*one to have a collaboration.. lol
--
It's the fourth day of Kai potraying Eunbi's role.
The twelve of them met in hallway.
"I feel uneasy and bothered with that mask of yours." Sakura commented.
"I only show my face to special people. And you guys are no special."
Chayeon subtlety blushed as she remembers what happened back there
"Always remember that dance is a form of art and you are behind that masterpiece. Don't put too much colors and give it a little aesthetic features, let its inner beauty out and manifest the true heart of it.."
"So as you, we're only doing what you said because of Eunbi. I would have smacked that mask of yours and destroy your face." Sakura said.
"Always angry as ever, Sakura. Anyways i'm glad that you have that kind of perseption towards me. It exhilirates me.. a lot."
"She sounds like an anime villain with a disturbing backstory" Hitomi whispered. "By the way, how's your practice?"
"We're done. Imagine her as a mentor who keeps on nagging and shouting all day while we're practicing." Chaewon complained.
"She's putting us into too much pressure, something that eunbi-nim wouldn't do." Yena complained.
"But Kai~nim's training is worth it, right?" Nako said with optimism.
"Well, she did the same to the rest of us.." Hitomi said.
"Wait a second, did you just call her "Kai~nim"?"
"People at the back, is there a problem!?" Kai asked who noticed that the four of them are talking.
"Nothing!"
*ahem*
"Okay so perhaps it's time for you to show me the result of your practice. Three days is far enough for performers like you. It was supposed to be a piece of cake for the eleven of you. But i didnt expect you all to be so stubborn."
"Because, we're not used to that kind of practice, uhh Kai~nim." Yujin said.
"Yeah. we are using our song and practice our parts everytime we rehearse. This is why perhaps we are having a hard time to adjust ourselves with the kind of practice that you want us to do. we--"
"Excuses are for mediocres and amateurs" Kai said. Hyewon looks down and subtlety sobs. Hitomi and the others comforted Hyewon. Kai gave hyewon a pink napkin. "Wipe your tears. You look even more pathetic."
"Hey, you're going to far!" Sakura said then engraged herself in anger. "Do you think you can boss around while eunbi is gone? huh!? do you think you can just say what you want just because she assigned you as the leader."
Sakura then pinned Kai on the wall and cried. "Arent you being too hard on us!? too hard on them!? Do you think they can bear those words you are letting out. Arent you being cruel?"
"Pretty girl, let me go." Kai just said.
Sakura attempted to remove her mask but Kai stopped her. Chayeon and Minju stopped sakura.
"S-sorry Kai~nim." Minju said then bows.
"She dont deserve to be called "nim". That title is only for eunbi and eunbi alone." Sakura said.
Kai clapped her hands to shift the attention. "Everyone show me the result of your three day practice.." Then looked at Sakura's direction. "And if you have problem you can--"
"Team, formation" Sakura said. Sakura's face became eager. "Kai i want to prove you wrong. behind those sugar coated words you said, i can feel that you're still looking down on us. Seeing us as Amateurs and Mediocres. Well perhaps its time for us to show you why we are iz*One in the first place".
"Shut up and do your thing."
"I hate it when she doesnt even care about other people's opinion." Sakura said.
*rings*
"Hello? Oh eunbi.. Hey what's up? You want to talk to your kids?" Kai asked then gave Sakura her phone.
"Hello."
"Eunbi, this is sakura. We're so done with Kai bossing around and just ordering us to do this stuff and that stuff."
"Well that's Kai for you. She's pretty hostile. Can i talk to the rest of the girls?"
The girls garnered in one corner to talk to Eunbi.
"Eunbi-nim, we missed you!" Hitomi said.
"Kai is a ruthless character! She's pure evil taking in the form of Kim Yannah!" Yena said.
"Girls i know, Kai is a pretty hostile character.. and a savage one but you know, i learned a lot from her.. Kai you still there?"
"Just a little distant to your kids." Kai said. "Hearing them complain is my favorite dish"
"But please Kai, refrain from throwing such words."
"We are a different person Eunbi. Your leadership ways is far more different than mine. I hope you know that fact before chosing me. Who would've want to babysit 11 troublesome children with such issues?"
"*sighs* I'll be back soon, okay?" Then it hunged up.
"Even to Eunbi, you have no respect." Sakura said. "Eunbi respects you a lot but--"
"I just want her to know that we are a different person. Her ways differs mine. Like what you all are here."
"But.. you believe in us.. right?" Chayeon said while looking at her.
"Well we all are."
Chayeon smiled. "You're pretty masochistic chayeon." Sakura whispered.
Meanwhile..
"Told you girl, you cannot convince Kai to change her ways." Steff said while walking with the other lady.
"i am worrying a lot.. She's getting too far." Eunbi panicked. "I dont want them to be depressed and anxious."
"We still have three days. It will be hard for them to develop fondness over Kai in that short amount of time. She's as cocky as ever." The lady said.
"Tell me.. About Kai.. why is she like that?"
The lady and Steff just stared to each other.
"Is there anything wrong?"
---
The group finally showed the half of their vocal practice.
"It seems that we impressed you" Sakura said. "Now its time for you to remove that Mask."
"I got to admit, that was quite impressive. The diction you're giving are perfect. You adapted the song quite good. However, your timing isnt that accurate. But so far it was impressive."
"You never sing with us Kai~nim." Chaewon said.
"Yeah, we havent seen you performed." Yena summed up.
"How about showing us what you got first in order to let us see how much of a performer you are?" Sakura dared.
Kai just laughed.
Sakura grinned "You coward!"
"I am not." then stopped laughing. "Do you think i'll fall for that trap easily? I don't take cheap talks you know." Her stomach suddenly growls. "And i'm hungry." Then walks out.
"Kai~nim.. wait! Can we come with you?" Wonyoung asked with Yujin and Nako.
"You sure you want to come with me?" Kai said.
"Sure.. We want to come as well." Sakura said. "We want to know why Eunbi respects you a lot and what's so special about you."
"Me? I'm no special." then walks outside. the rest of the girls followed her.
At the restaurant.
"Since you impressed me today, you should order everything you want."
"Everything!?" They said in unison.
"Everything."
"You sure about that?" Sakura asked.
"I'll take it back if you don't--"
"Waiter, give us everything that this restaurant can offer, even the most finest dishes, appetizers and desserts!" Yena ordered.
The waiter filled their table with the most expensive food and starts eating and playing on the table.
Kai suddenly slammed the table.
"Could you kids eat properly!? Did Eunbi even taught you some eating etiquette you foolish brats!?" She cried.
All of them stopped playing food while Kai preceeded to her meal. (Kai was wearing an Eyemask that only covers the surface of her eyes and cheeks and a Bandana.)
She noticed that Sakura was staring at her.
"What?" she asked with annoyance.
"You're a leftie.." Sakura commented.
"And what's it to you if i am?"
"Its kind of rare to see a left handed person." Sakura just said.
Kai continued on eating..
"Nee, there's a mess.. on your lip.." Nako said while pointing out the mess.
"Mind your own business!!" Then she quickens her meal.
"Here" then Hyewon offered her a handkerchief that she lend her earlier. "Just returning the favor." Kai grabs it and wipe the mess on her lips.
Sakura cupped her face on her left hand. "You might be an obnoxious, arrogant brat but i still think you're cute.. You're no different than us."
"No i'm not! don't lump me to you and your juvenile acts, you wench!" Kai protested.
"I can tell that you're blushing out of embarassment and frustration. I am starting to realize why Eunbi--"
"Eunbi choose me because she have no choice! She cant ask Stef or Yve for this whole stupid babysitting stuff!!" Then she noticed Yena and Hitomi still playing.
"You kids you better--"
Hii-chan accidentally threw the custard on Kai.
Everyone gasped.
"K-kai~nim.."
"Is she gonna remove her mask already?" Yena asked. Hitomi grinned then glared at her. "Its all your fault!"
"D-don't startle me.. I didnt mean it!" Yena said while quivering with fear.
Kai removed the custard plate on her mask and wipes it. Everyone was watching if she's going to remove her mask or not.
"What are you kids looking at?" She asked.
"Arent you going to remove that mask of yours?" Minju asked.
"Why would i remove it pretty?" She asked. "By the way, we are going to practice again after this so you better reserve your voices pretty well."
"And why arent we rehearsing using our songs?" Hyewon asked. "That will make everything easy since its our song and we know our part."
Kai takes a sip on her tea.
"That's the problem, same old solutions, same old formulas. Cant you get rid of that formula and start something new and different? You're all sticking to your old acts, this is why none of you are Improving! You maybe relevant but you still have flaws! I know that your concepts are made for cutesy and bubblegums but that doesnt mean you can just tolerate those skipping steps and stuff." Then she takes another sip.
"And your vocals are still pretty flawed. Yuri might sing good but there's some lines that her voice are missing. Nako has the potential but she's keeping herself, Sakura's low vibrato can be out of control sometimes."
"The reason why you made us practice like this is.. to go beyond our limitations, right?" Yuri asked. "I noticed that you positioned us into something that we've never did.. Chayeon's visuals was often underlooked because of Sakura and Minju so you put her in the Visual line because you want her visuals to shine as well along with her choreos, right?
You put me in the rapping line which i am not used to.. Tho you include me as a vocalist but in the song that you gave us, majority of the rap lines are all in me.. You put Minju in the center because you want her to shine as well because you think that she's more than just an under dancer, you made Sakura our leader because you believe in her. You put us in a different categories that some of us arent used to." Yuri said.
"You did the same thing in the other team too. Like us, I can still remember all the good things you said to Hii-chan, thats why you put her on the center because you believe that she can still be a high-level performer.. You asked us to teach Hyewon and Hii-chan about what to do. Also that, song you gave us, it will practice our voval control and you want us to be versatile.. You want us to be an all-class performer.. Just like you" Wonyoung said.
"You might be obnoxious and spoiled but i admire your leadership. You tend not to give a damn even if inside, you cared a lot. I saw you comforting Chayeon back there. You removed your mask in order for her to see that the thoughts you shared with her are genuine." Chaewon explained.
"So you saw her face!?" All of them (except Chayeon asked in unison)
"I havent. Yena and the others suddenly called so i missed. Perhaps Chayeon saw her face.. the face behind that mask.. I can tell that you're beautiful.."
Everyone stared at Kai.
"Quit yapping." She just said then walks away. "Are you always like that? Are you that coward? Show yourself."
Sakura went to her direction. "Show me that face of yours."
"Go, if you're that persistent."
Sakura grinned. Everyone waited for this moment that Kai's going to be unmasked.
Sakura removed her mask and was shock on what she saw. Everyone was shock in disbelief.
"Dark brown eyes.." Chaewon said.
"A nose like Sakura-chan" Nako said..
"Am i dreaming?"
Sakura pinched her face.
"A-aw" Kai reacted.
Yena pinched her nose. "Remove your filthy hands off me!" Kai said then walks away but Chayeon blocks her way.
"You still have 3 days with us and you havent taught us much. We are still waiting for your upcoming lessons and nagging." Chaeyon said.
They just stared to each other.
"Yeah, we still want to learn more. about how to be a good performer.. it seems that you're the only one who can teach us because you are doing things in your OWN WAY." Sakura then smirked.
Kai simply smiled.
"But you look a little weird for a korean." Hitomi said.
"Well, i am not really a korean. I am a Hispanic" Kai said.
"Perhaps that's why you're always panicking." Sakura mindlessly said.
All of then just facepalmed.
"Eunbi will be arriving soo--"
"Excuses are for mediocres." Hyewon said then smirked. "Are you going to escape now just because your face was revealed?"
Kai smiled then walks.
"Let's go you pathetic children."
"You havent paid the bill yet!" The waiter cried.
Kai glared at the waiter. The waiter just faints.
"That was quite a killer move." Sakura said.
"You're just ignorant" Kai said.
Sakura grinned "I am not you obnoxious brat!"
"And you're braindead. That's what happens when your brains are filled with cutesy."
Sakura just pinched her. "But arent you the cutest and prettiest thing. Look at your nose.."
"Sakura-chan and Kai-nim are both pretty girls." Nako commented.
"Yep, Kai has a 2D visuals, same as Sakura and they radiate the same aura. she's unpredictable" Hitomi commented.
"Pretty huh? That makes the 5 of us being on the visual line.." Minju commented.
"Gotta admit, she's one heck of a girl.." Yuri said.
"She's not that cool tho. She was just like Sakura.. The two of them are one of a kind."
"I am not!" Both of Kai and Sakura said in Unison. Yena just shrugged her shoulders.
"We'll be competing to each other soon so we need to practice a little bit then i'll practice your album songs with you.."
"We'll teach you." Wonyoung suggested.
They all smiled to each other..
Meanwhile..
"*sighs* Didnt know that being a Maknae center was that hard" Eunbi said then she throws herself to sofa. "I wonder what's happening back there."
"Don't ya worry, You trust Kai, right? Let her handle things in her way and let those children of your teach her.."
"Yeah, Kai might learn a lot of things from them.."
Eunbi just smiled. "She's Kai after all.."
I dedicate Kai's character to my 13 year old cousin who is a wiz*One and wants to be like them too when she grew up.
thank you for reading.