Emily placed her hands on her chest and whispered her response. She got a nod that could only be impersonated by a military persona.

"Grandma, can I talk to Logan for a minute please?" She asked, staring up at me with pleading eyes.

"I will just go clean up your room," Gloria replied.

I covered her path placing my hands on her shoulders. "I can get someone to do that tomorrow, you look exhausted."

Without arguing she nodded, moved to the sofa and dropped on it, mouthing a 'thanks' as she did.

I turned to Annabelle who I assumed was curious of everything but she moved past me and sat beside Gloria not meeting my gaze.

***

I stared in disbelief as she recounted the reasons for her action. It was unbelievable and I never thought anyone still had such opinion over another, especially a kid.

"I'm sorry tor breaking your stuff, I'm really sorry."

"This is not my stuff, they are all yours. All in your name and Gloria's," I said, pushing her apology aside while seated before her in a wooden chair next to the window.

"But you are still going to replace them, I wish there is something I can do to repay you."

I smiled, to me, it was funny her ready she was to take responsibility of her action, but her clouded eyes that shone underneath the light from the bulb in the music room showed she meant her words.

"Ok, this is how you can pay me." I watched her leaned forward.

"First you need to stay away from your friend."

She nodded.

"Next you need to stop staying out late."

"Is 7:00 pm enough?"

"It's ok for now, we might increase it as you grow older and finally-"

"You sound like my Dad, this is all weak payment but go on," she said, signalling with her hands.

I sighed knowing what my last request would be, she has been avoiding it for as long as ever.

***

"We are heading to my apartment here in London," I explained to Gloria who wouldn't hear of my plans. She requested we slept over but the rooms won't be enough since Emily was using the spare and my apartment wasn't even an hour off.

"It's past midnight, just spend the night here."

"It's not a problem, I will call the moment we get there ok?"

She exhaled with eyes yearning for sleep as they opened and shut with much effort. "Ok, you won't listen anyway."

I turned to Annabelle who already tucked Emily in bed and had on to her purse beside me. We said our goodbyes and headed for the car.

***

"Bloody hell!" I yelled, hitting the flat tyre with my foot.

I needed no one to spill it to me, heaven was not on my side and it was clear.

Barely five minutes after leaving Gloria's the tyre of the car got busted by a glass.

I turned around with my hands on my waist as I looked around the quiet road that had bushies at either side.

I heard Annabelle opened her side of the door and dropped with the torchlight of her phone on.

She moved to my side and whistled. "Do you have extra tires?" She inquired, squatting and shining her touch on the tyre that was as flat as a slapper.

"Yes," I said, hope humming in my heart.

"Can you change a tyre?" She asked, with furrowed brows as she stared at me.

"No," I said, letting out a sigh of defeat and running my hands through my hair.

I watched her smiled and shook her head.

She stood, placed both hands on her waist and peeped down the road.

Feeling my cheeks red with embarrassment at my inability to change a tire, I asked the most stupid questions I could think of, "Can you change a tyre?"

I watched her burst into laughter. The sound of her giggling awoke the night and my heart as I watched her shook with so much energy I couldn't help but smile.

I immediately replaced my smile with a frown. Seeing my seriousness she covered her mouth.

Fully composed she turned to me. "We are fucked, I know nothing about tyres."

***

Author note.

Hey guys... Another chapter, tell me what you think and drop your votes.