Chapter 50

Dawn slipped down the mall with her handbag swaying back and forth on her left and her hand holding on to her strawberry smoothie on the right. She looked through the windows of the different shops as she walked through the mall. Her noticeable blue hair was put up in a ponytail, making Dawn looked more energetic and lively and she wears a pair of dark sunglasses and a black hat. She made sure that her casual clothes of a light blue blouse and black skirt will not make her stand out so much.

It was the first day since their vacation and Dawn was super excited. It was a sunny day with a few clouds up in the sky and a light breeze. Thinking over the past week of work, Dawn felt that the break is a blessing. She was unable to stand another day working in the same room as a particular purple block of ice. Just the thought of him would make her frown.

"Who did he think he is? Why always targeting me? Just because I am small doesn't mean I am weak!" Dawn scolded at Paul in her mind while walking. "Wait, why am I thinking about him in the first place? Today is my day, I should think of something happy, not something that would ruin my day. Base on his attitude, I wonder why he was so popular because I don't understand the appeal of it."

As Dawn was scolding at Paul harshly in her head while walking into a clothing store, Paul, in the other department, filming a commercial with the others sneezed twice. They were at the back of a store, getting ready for their photoshoots.

"Paul, are you okay? Did you get sick?" Gary asked Paul worriedly.

"Paul, usually don't get sick easily, right?" Ash said, looking at Paul.

"I think someone is scolding him very badly right now," Drew said with a smirk on his face.

"Ugh. I think it is just dust. No big problem. Let's continue," Paul said before following what the photographers had asked them to do.

After a couple of hours, the boys were able to finish the commercial and the photo shots. It was around the afternoon when they finished and they decided to go explore around the mall for a while before going back to their studio. The boys walked around the mall and looking at different stores casually but they were still able to attract a lot of attention, even though they had on sunglasses and a hat.

Dawn walked out of a store with many shopping bags with a huge smile on her face. She had just come out of a gift shop where she had bought some gifts for her family and the girls. She was also happy that she had bought some new clothes and fabrics as well. "Today is totally worth it. I think the fabrics will arrive by tomorrow so I can start making some new dresses and shirts. Maybe a skirt if I can think of inspiration. The clothes I bought are so cute! I can't wait to wear them! I do hope others like my gifts. They are definitely not cheap at all," Dawn thought while looking at her phone. "It is around three now and I am getting a bit hungry. Maybe I should get a quick bite before going home."

As Dawn walked to the food court, she was looking at her phone and wasn't paying attention to where she is going and bumped into someone, causing her to fall. Her bags were scattered around her, but thankfully, she was holding on to the ropes of the bags, and her sunglasses here hanging off her face. She quickly pushes the glasses up before she stood up and dust herself. "I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention! Are you okay?" Dawn asked as she bows didn't look at the person she bumps into.

"I wonder where your eyes were looking while walking. Didn't you know that it is dangerous to walk while on your phone?" the person said.

Dawn's eyes widen. She knows this voice. This is the voice of the person she hates the most. Afraid that her guess was right, she slowly looks up and found Paul glaring at him under his sunglasses with his arms folded. "What is this bad luck that always surrounded me and make me bump into him everywhere. Today is supposed to be my happy day. Ugh," Dawn complained and scolded in her head while on the outside, she gives Paul a smile and her eyes behind her glasses twitched a little.

"Well, thank you for letting me know. But wasn't it also your fault for not noticing that I am about to walk into you?" Dawn retorted back.

Paul looked at Dawn with a frown while the boys looked between the two, feeling the tension between them growing rapidly.

"What are you doing here? Wasn't it your break today?" Ash asked.

"I went out shopping. What about you?" Dawn replied.

"Spending money in useless things," Paul muttered under his breath but Dawn heard him and turned her eyes toward him.

"For your information, it is my money and I have the right to spend it on 'useless' things or not. Thank you very much," Dawn said.

"We just finished filming a commercial and photoshoot. Where are you going now?" Ash replied to Dawn.

"I am going to the food court before going back home," Dawn said.

"That is good! We are also planning to go to the food court too! Let's go together!" Gary replied before pulling Dawn along.

They found a seat in the packed mall after a while with their food and sat down. They cannot found anything to discuss or know what to say. Dawn just surf the internet on her phone and played some games while she ate her donuts and drink her new cup of smoothie. When the group was about to finish, Dawn's phone rang, notifying a new message and the message is from May.

..........

Song: Replay
Album: Replay
Artist: SHINee