Chapter 34

May woke up in a daze. She looked around her but can't find anything of place. 'Where am I?' she thought. 'I should compete right now! Where are others? Are they okay? Does this seem to be like a room? Is anyone living here? Why is there no sound?'

May moved around a little, hoping to sit up but as soon as she moved an inch, her whole body ached, like she was beaten all over the places. She but her lower lip gently before she moves again. This time she moved, she hears a soft moan of pain. May stopped moving and her heartbeat accelerated. She soon feels something moved on her legs. Slowly, May sat up and looked around. This time, she saw Leaf, Misty, and Dawn around her, in their performance outfits and chained. The person who moaned in pain was Dawn, whose's face was right where May's leg was. May frowns before she forced herself to bend her body and reach out her hand to touch Dawn. Every part of her body hurts with each move she did.

Dawn slowly opens her eyes. She can see spots until her eyes get adjusted to the light. Her head was beating like a drum and she can hear her heartbeat and the pump of her blood through her head. She shakes her head a little, only to be met with a bigger headache. She stopped moving for a while before she slowly opened her eyes again. When she can see what is in front of her, she was met with May's eyes and her hand that was in front of her face.

"May, what are you doing? Where are we? Shouldn't we be in the contest now? Why are we here?" Dawn asked softly as she tried to adjust her splitting headache.

"I don't know, Dawn. I am wondering about myself too. Let's wake up Misty and Leaf. Can you move?" May replies as she looked that the two unconscious girls.

Dawn slowly sits up, feeling her headache become even more intense. She flopped back down when she felt her body cannot take it. She feels pain all over her. Slowly, she turns her body to the side and reached out she had, shaking Leaf gently since Leaf was the one closest to her. "Leaf. Leaf. Wake up," Dawn called.

Leaf slowly turns as she feels her body shakes slowly like a low earthquake. She can hear someone calling her name but she doesn't know who. She was swimming in a space of darkness, not knowing which way to go. Her eyes twitched as she can feel her body keep shaking and she cannot stop it. She frowns a little but she was still unconscious.

"Leaf, wake up," Dawn continues to call softly as she shakes Leaf a little harder.

Can't take the shaking anymore, Leaf slowly gains her consciousness. Her eyes slowly fluttered open as she looked around her. She cannot feel her body as she was numb. She looked at Dawn. "I am awake," Leaf said.

Dawn nodded before moving to Misty and also started to shake her awake. Misty was awake easily and was in a better condition than the rest of the girls. She just feels that she didn't gain her full strength yet when she woke up.

"Where are we? Why are we here? Shouldn't we be in the contest right now?" Misty asked the same thing May, Leaf, and Dawn had asked before.

"We are not sure where we are, Misty. When I was awake, we were already here," May replies as she and Dawn flopped back down, feeling all their energy drained from her.

"Why do we have chains attached to us? What is happening?" Misty asked again when she noticed that everyone's arms and legs were chained together.

"Misty, we were in this situation when we woke up. We are not sure about anything. All is a mystery to us," Leaf explained.

"We need to get out of here somehow. I have no energy," May said.

"Me too. I don't think screaming will help either. If we were chained together, who knows if they were our friends or our enemies," Misty sighed as she laid back down.

"Let's just rest for a little longer and then we will think of something when we get a little better. Maybe someone is already out there looking for us," Dawn said as she sighs and closed her eyes, feeling her headache became a little better when she was not moving and not thinking.

"Good idea," May said. The rest of the girls closed their eyes as they fall into sleep, in the same position as they were before they were awake.

When the girls were out, the door to the room opened and someone looked in. They looked around before closing the door. As soon as they closed the door, they took out their phone and called the contact 'BOSS'.

"Hey, Boss. They were still out cold. What should we do?" the person said.

"Let them stay that way. Less trouble. You sure they were not awake?" the caller asked.

"Yep. They were still out," the person replied.

"Good. Let's wait for a while. Let me know if they were awake," the caller said before hanging up.

Meanwhile, in the outside world, the police had stopped the contest and looked into the hallway where the performers had to pass to go on stage. The hallway was dimly lightened with a lot of shadows. Anyone can be hidden within the shadows. The police tape off the backstage and while some went to investigate, the others were interrogating the host.

"Look, I don't know what happened, okay? I just suddenly get a message from a worker backstage saying that they want to forfeit. How am I suppose to know why and what happened? From what I know so far, it seems they were deliberately wanting to create hype," the host said to the police.

Harley and Iris arrived at the scene with the police. Harley looked at the host and scoffed. "Who are you joking about. I am more curious about how the backstage workers would even contact you saying that they forfeited. It seems as if everything was planned by you," Harley replies.

"Look, sir. We have a regulation here. If a group is not on stage when they were being called, they were out," the host replies.

"Ha! Did you hear what you just said? They were disqualified, not forfeited. Two different meanings, hon," Harley said. "Now, let's do the easy way or the hard way."

..........

Song: Sunrise
Album: Time for Us
Artist: GFriend