Chapter 29

Song: Fake Love
Album: Love Yourself- Tear
Artist: BTS

..........

It was the first day of the contest. The girls were in their own group, talking to each other. They were backstage, waiting to be called into the stage to get the contest going. The girls were excited, yet nervous because they don't know what will happen to them since the accident that happened the day before. On the backstage, there were many other groups, some groups were together with other groups, talking and laughing, while others were trying to calm their nerves. Some groups were practicing their dance moves, trying to distract themselves. Whatever they were doing, the backstage was full of noise and the excitement was in the air.

The girls were just strolling around, trying to calm their hearts. Even though this was their second contest, it still makes their heartbeat skip and thumping, like every time before a concert. They were just talking to each other quietly when someone called them out.

"May! Leaf! You guys are here!" A exclaimed as she runs from her group to the girls while waving her hands in the air. Everyone looked at her as she runs across the group. May and Leaf looked at each other before giving A a polite smile and waved. "I can't believe that you guys are actually here!" A said breathlessly when stopped in front of the girls.

"It is nice to see you too. I see that you are very excited about this contest," May said politely.

"Yes, I sure am!"A giggles before looking at Dawn and Misty. "You guys must be the rest of the Wallflower Roses! I am A. It is so nice to meet you!" A said as she sticks out her hand.

Misty and Dawn looked at each other before looking at May and Leaf. Once May nodded her head a little to say that it is okay, they both shake A's hand. "Nice to meet you. I am Misty. This is Dawn," Misty said.

"Where is the rest of your group?" May asked.

"They were over there, chilling. I should bring them over. They will be very excited to see you," A said before running back across the room to where the rest of her team was.

The girls looked at each other. Misty sighs a little before looking at where A is running. "I somehow have a bad feeling about this girl. Do you think something is going to happen?" Misty asked as she folds her hand.

"Misty, I feel so too. I think it is best if we guard ourselves a little. I think we should follow our instant," Dawn said as she frowns.

"Mmmm... everyone gets their numbers already. What number do we have?" May asked.

"We are the ninth one," Leaf said.

"Mmm..." May said.

The girls stopped talking when they were A returning to them with the rest of her group. "Girls! This is the rest of my group! This is Ryo, Mina, and Katrina. We are the Eeveelutions! Team, you know May and Leaf. These are Dawn and Misty," A introduced.

"Nice to meet you. It is a cool name." Dawn said with a smile.

"Thank you. It is our honor to meet the top girl group," Ryo said.

"Don't say it. They were just exaggerating out there. We are just normal and lucky to get to this far," Misty replies.

"What number do you guys get? We are the seventh group," A said.

"We are the ninth," Leaf said to the group.

"That is nice. You guys are after us. I hope that you can support us when it is our turn," A smiles. "Oh. Do you girls need some water? I see that there is no water here."

"You are correct. It seems that our manager forgot about it. That would be very helpful. Thank you," May said after looking around the area.

"It is very important for a singer to have water. It clears the throat and everything," A said before looking at Katrina. "Katrina, go and grab some water."

The girls smiles and thanked A as Katrina went and get water for the girls. They continue to make light conversations with the Eeveelutions, answering every question they ask vaguely and broadly while never giving out too much information and at the same time sounding polite. Katrina walked toward the group with sparkled water bottles and hand them out to the girls and her own group. However, when she gives the water bottle to Misty, she accidentally didn't hold the bottle correctly and it falls to the ground. Katrina apologized to Misty before giving her another bottle. However, for whatever reason, as soon as Misty opened the bottle for a drink, it exploded. The water exploded all over Misty's top, makeup and hair. Everyone looked at the group.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry Misty! I didn't know! Are you okay? Do you need help?" Katrina panicked as she rushed to Misty.

Misty put her arms straight out in front of her, to stop Katrina before taking a deep breath, calming herself down. "It is fine. I am okay. May, do we have any extra clothes?" Misty asked.

"We do. However, we don't have it now. It is back in our changing room. To change and reapply and everything, I don't think we have time," May said.

"Weren't you guys the ninth? I think you will have enough time to change and everything," A pointed out.

"No, we don't. Misty, we will figure something out right now. If you leave now and something happens, things may not work so well. Let us think," May said.

"A is correct. I can get everything changed and done, May. You know that I don't take long and have a very good sense of direction," Misty said.

"Misty. This is not a suggestion. This is an order," May said sternly.

"Can we do anything to help?" A asked. "It is, after all, our fault that this happened."

"No. It is okay. Thank you anyway. You guys prepare for your contest. We will quickly go and get Misty fix-up," May said before picking up Dawn's bag and lead the girls away to a corner. As she walked away, she takes out her phone from Dawn's bag and called Harley.

"Harley, where are you?"