party favor

Summary: Nini leaves a series of emotional voicemails to Ricky after they split.

*Rini angst/whump*

***********************************************

First ring...

Second ring...

Third ring...

"Hey it's Ricky! You know what to do."

(Beep)

"Hey Ricky, it's been a while since we last spoke. I'm still trying to get used to the whole being separated thing."

"Wow, it's really been a whole month since I've last seen you, which means there's a lot to catch you up on. First things first, I got an actual important role in the upcoming musical I auditioned for. It's for The Little Mermaid, and I'll be Flounder, so that's pretty cool."

"Next, I wrote a bunch of new songs that may or may not be about you...okay yeah they're totally about you. Maybe the next time I see you I'll work up the nerve to play them for you, but no promises!"

"Kourtney says she misses your antics, especially whenever you would accidentally topple over something in the school hallways while you were trying to impress me with your tricks. Man Mr. Mazzara would get so pissed when you did that."

"Oh also my moms always talk about you. It's overwhelming sometimes when they do. They think that talking about you will somehow make me get over you sooner. It still makes me sad to hear your name if I'm being completely honest. Anyways, I know your shitty phone only can hold so long of messages, so I'll end it at this."

"I hope to speak with you soon, bye."

***

"Hey it's Ricky! You know what to do."

"Hey Ricky, it's been what like a month and a half since we spoke in person and two weeks since I left my first voicemail. It's fine you didn't respond to my first message. I already knew you wouldn't pick up because... well why would you?"

"That's not what I was calling about though. I'm just giving you another unwanted update on my life. I just needed to complain to someone because no one understood me like you did, and you were such a good listener."

"I had a really bad day. It seemed like the world really wanted to see me fail today more than usual. For starters, I had to walk to school because my car decided to not start up and I missed the bus. Everyone else was already at school and my moms were at work, so I couldn't ask for a ride."

"I failed a math test I had been studying for a long time for. I realized it was probably because I was too busy thinking about you while I was taking it. Not that I'm blaming you though!"

"The day only seemed to get worse because my heels decided to give up on me during rehearsals. I fell while singing my solo and landed on my wrist awkwardly. Guess who has to wear a cast for the next month?"

"Honestly I guess the day wasn't all bad. When I got home, my Momma C made me an Oreo milkshake. I lit up the scented cinnamon candle you gave me for my 17th bday to warm me up, and I held Franklin close to my chest. I instantly felt ten times better."

"I think I hear my mom coming up the stairs, and I already know she's gonna check up on me. She'll totally worry about me for leaving you this message, so I'm gonna hang up. Talk to you later!"

***

"Hey it's Ricky! You know what to do."

"Damn, it's been a second. Haven't heard your voice since that horrible night in January, and I admit that it feels weird. When you just suddenly stop talking to someone you've been friends with since kindergarten, it's hard to not feel the absence."