Reunited-Bucky Barnes {E}

Edited
2013

It had been seventy years since you had seen him. Seventy years of having no idea if he was alive or not. Seventy years without the love of your life.

Here you were, fighting what was thought to be The Winter Soldier. And he was ruthless. You had gotten hurt and he knew. He was using it to his advantage that you could hardly get up or even walk. He was enjoying it.

His mask fell off of his face showing you the face you had fallen in love with all those years ago.

"Bucky?" You ask. You can see something flash in his eyes before he tackles you again. He pulls a knife out, about to put it into your stomach before Steve comes up behind him, knocking him out. You take a deep breath as he falls off of you, Steve helps you up pressing his hand to your shoulder to stop the bleeding.

~~~~~

Bucky slowly wakes up, looking around the room. He looks at his arm in between two metal plates. You call Steve over to them, and Bucky and Steve start a conversation right away.

"What did I do?" Bucky asks.

"Enough," Steve says. "You hurt Y/N. She's in pretty rough shape." Steve says quietly.

"Y/N is alive? Where is she? What did I do to her?"

"I can't let you see her until I know you're completely safe to be around. I can't let her get hurt anymore." Steve says.

"I'm fine now. I need to see her." He says. Steve hesitates but releases his arm. "Where is she?" Bucky asks.

"I'm right here." You say, coming into view slowly, trying not to hurt yourself more. Bucky lets a few tears fall, wrapping you in a hug. You wince slightly making Bucky let go of you.

"What did I do?" He asks.

"Four of my ribs are broken, you stabbed my shoulder, and these cuts on my face. You kick really hard Buck." You slightly joke. Bucky steps back from you slightly, a scared look on his face.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I didn't mean to hurt you. If I knew it was you, I would have stopped."

"Bucky don't blame yourself. This, wasn't you." You say gesturing to yourself.

"How are you here? You're the same age as Steve." Bucky says.

"I let the army do the same test on me that they did on Steve. I helped them a bit then went into cryo freeze. They pulled me out when Steve was found. That was a few years ago." You said.

"I missed you. Every day I've thought of you. You're the one thing that's always on my mind. I love you." Bucky says.

"I love you too Buck. And I really missed you too." You say.

Bucky pulls you to him, hugging you loosely. "I love you." He says again.