Anxiety-Chris Evans {E}

Edited 05/19/2023
Rewrite
688 words

Halfway through filming for Captain America: Civil War, Chris had invited his girlfriend of six months, Y/N to the set to meet his costars and have lunch with them. He could tell she was nervous as he watched her hands on the car ride over to the set. Every time she would go to turn up the radio, change the station or do something on her phone, her hands would shake. Chris couldn't blame her for being so nervous. Meeting big movie stars is very scary.

~*~

Chris looked over to his seat to look for Y/N, not seeing her in the chair where he left her earlier before he started filming. He figured she must be going to the bathroom or talking on the phone to her mom or someone. He continued with filming for another twenty minutes, only seeing Y/N in his seat once before the Russo Brothers called lunch. The actor looked over to his seat to once again, find it empty. He told the others he would be out in a minute, searching for Y/N.

Asking crew members if they had seen or talked to Y/N, one of them said she saw her go into the trailer marked with his name. He thanked the makeup artist, walking to his trailer in the swamp. He knocked on the door twice before walking in to see Y/N laying on the bed in the back of the trailer with Dodger laying across her body. Tears rolled down Y/N's beautiful face, her nose red like Rudolph's. "Y/N/N, honey, are you okay baby?" Chris asked in a soft, yet concerned voice. Dodger's head popped up at the sound of his owner's voice, his tail smacking the bed as he wagged it in excitement. Chris smiled at the dog, looking back at his girlfriend.

"I can't do it, Chris." Was all she said. Confused, Chris asked her what she meant. "I can't meet your friends Chris! They'll hate me! They'll say I'm not good enough for you and make you break up with me! I won't be able to handle that!" She said, more tears welling in her eyes and falling down her already wet and red cheeks. Chris smiled sadly at her, pulling her onto his lap.

"Baby, they are going to love you. And if they don't like you, so what? I love you and that's all that matters. I'm not going to break up with you because a few friends don't like you. You're the most important person in my life. If they can't see how happy you make me, well forget about them. But they're going to love you. Now, wipe away those tears, and let's go to lunch, huh?" Chris said, a small smile gracing his handsome face. Y/N let out a small laugh, nodding her head and wiping the tears off her cheeks. She got off his lap, as Chris pulled her out of the trailer. Just outside the trailer sat the rest of the cast, smiling at the couple as they stepped out of his trailer. As they stepped off the last step up to the trailer, Scarlett and Elizabeth flew to Y/N's sides, smiling and starting to talk to her.

"You must be Y/N. I'm Scarlett and this is Elizabeth, but you can call me Scar and her Lizzy. We've heard so much about you! From what Chris has told us, we all love you already!" Scarlett said to Y/N. She smiled at the girls, starting to talk with them. Chris introduced her to the rest of the cast, and them all saying pretty much the same thing as Scarlett.

~*~

As they sat at lunch at a big table, Y/N sitting across from Chris with the girls by her sides, and Sebastian and Anthony by his sides, Y/N looked over at her boyfriend, a huge smile on her face. Chris could tell she loved each and every one of his cast mates. Her smile lit up the room, making him smile just as big back at her. He couldn't help but think to himself,

I'm going to marry this girl one day...