Pregnancy pt. 1-Bucky Barnes {E}

Edited
Y/N

I look down at the stick in my hand, reading the words, 'Positive 5+'. I'm pregnant. And I'm five weeks in. Tears stream down my face. They're happy tears. This is wonderful, but not and the same time. Now really isn't the time to bring a baby into the world.

My husband Bucky, aka the Winter Soldier, is in Wakanda at the moment. Shuri is working to get Hydra out of his head. He's been there for six weeks. We had some fun the night before he left. I can't raise a baby on my own. I know that the other Avengers would help me, but it wouldn't be the same without the father.

I hear a knock on my door, telling me someone was on the other side. I wipe my eyes, going to answer the door. "Hi Y/N. Is everything okay? I felt some negative energy coming from your room. Are you okay?" Wanda asks, looking at me with a worried look plastered on her beautiful face.

"No, I'm not." I reply. I invite Wanda in, sitting down on the chair in the corner of the room.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks.

"I'm pregnant. Five weeks." I say. Wanda looks shocked, before getting up and hugging me.

"That's wonderful Y/N!" She says.

"Yeah it is, but Bucky isn't here. What if he doesn't get back in time for the baby to be born? Or what if he doesn't make it through this at all? I can't raise a baby on my own! I know you guys would help out but it's different when the father isn't there. I know because my dad walked out on us when I was born." I say, more tears falling from my eyes.

"Hey hey, don't think like that! Bucky will make it through this and will make it back in time to see the baby born. For right now, we need to go and tell the others and get you a check-up. Come on, I'll be right there." She says. I stand up, walking out of the room.

F.R.I.D.A.Y, gather everyone into the main living room please." Wanda says to the A.I.

"Right away Miss. Maxamoff." She says.

~~~~~

"Why are we here Wanda? I was in the middle of something important." Tony says.

"Tony calm down, Y/N has some news for you guys." She says. Wanda looks at me, telling me to tell them.

"Well, I just found out that I'm pregnant. Five weeks to be exact. It's Bucky's." I say. I look up at the team, waiting for them to yell at me, but they don't. Instead, Steve gets up, rushing to me and hugs me. As soon as he lets go I say, "So you guys aren't mad at me?"

"Why would we be mad? This is wonderful! We're going to have a little Bucky running around the tower!" Steve says. I look down, happy that they're not mad. 

"Well, we should probably check on the baby. Make sure everything is happy and healthy." Tony says with a smile.

~~~~~

"It looks like everything is going well. The baby is about five and a half weeks along, so about a month and a week. I think the due date will be January fifth. So I would say you need to have an ultrasound about every three weeks then when you hit the six-month mark, it will be every week. We have to make sure the baby is healthy as we get close to the due date. So with a baby on the way, that means no training or missions. It's going to hurt the team losing a member for a while, but we can make it work." Bruce says. I nod my head, then head back to my room. 

When I get back to my room I go to the mirror turning to the side. I lift my shirt up, showing a little bump. I take out my phone and take a picture. When Bucky gets back, I want to make him feel like he hasn't missed anything.