Death-Bucky Barnes {E}

Edited

You lay in the hospital bed, the only sound coming from the heart monitor to your right. You still hadn't woken up. It's been four days since the accident. Four days since the mission that went wrong.

The room fills with a long beep, signaling that your heart just stopped. A nurse comes into the room, announcing your time of death.

Bucky runs through the halls, trying to find the room you were in.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't go in there." A nurse says, stopping Bucky.

"Why can't I?" He asks.

"They have to remove the body?" She states but more as a question.

"Please, the love of my life is in there." He says, sounding broken. The nurse sighs, letting him into the room. He walks into the room, letting out a choked sob when he sees your limp, pale body laying on the bed, the room completely silent other than his sobbing.

Bucky makes his way over to you, grabbing your hand. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I love you so much." He says, breaking down. He grabs you, holding you as close to his body as he can. He cries into your dying hair, praying that you come back. But, you don't, life isn't a fairytale. 

Steve soon comes in, letting out a sob, seeing his best friends lying on the bed. One of them, sobbing, the other, gone from the cruel world they call home. The only thing that kept Bucky from doing something stupid, keeping him sane. But now that was gone.

Steve finally got a look at Bucky. His eyes were dull, not the beautiful blue they normally are. Tear streaks on his cheeks. His pale, yet red cheeks. His eyes are puffy. He sits in the bed with you, rocking your body back and forth, more tears cascading down his face. He doesn't have enough energy to stop them, nor does he wants to. He's broken now. Everything he loved in this world is gone. And you took his happiness with you. He's just, 

Broken