☁️Chapter 07☁️

***
11th grade .... February 21, 2019

>Haneul's POV

"Haneul, can we talk?" Instead of running away from him, I turned around to face him. Which he didn't expect at all.

I've been avoiding him, for a while, for the fact that I like him but he doesn't. And he knows. But the problem is that, he said that he likes me but he also likes someone else. "What is it? Can you make it quick? I have some other things to do."

"I know that you like me and I may be a coward saying that I also like someone else but can I be honest? .... I like you, only you. I know that we are still studying and it's important for the both of us, so...uhm how do I say this...."

"You're basically saying that yes you like me as well, but we should not have labels yet." The boy in front of me nodded. "I hope you'll understand, let's take things slow.... you know my parents they...th-" and instead of letting him continue, I hugged him caressing his back telling him that, it'll all be okay someday.

---

"Take things slow?" I shouted as we are currently arguing. "I know but my feelings for you are uncontrollable."

"I'm sorry, but I can't say it back, not just yet. I like you, I really do, but-"

"I only sent those words because I really mean it. Now Haneul, do you love me? If not let's throw this whatever we have out of the window."

"I-....."

--- Summer of 2019

"You really didn't mean it.... Saying things like "We're not really together" ain't that a little bit hurtful!" He shouted, it seems like this has been going on for hundreds and thousands of times. We always argue.

"I'm sorry... I know that-"

"Sorry is not going to cut it."

"I only said it because I'm afraid that you'll just throw away everything."

"But you promised me that you really meant it."

"I'm sorry, I really am." And with that I hugged him, clinging tight onto his sweater as I cried on his shoulder.

"That's okay, I keep my promises, and I promise that I'll never leave you. Say it when you mean it okay? Don't lie to me anymore, promise me that you'll tell me the truth from now on?" To my surprise he caressed my head while he said that.

"I promise"

***

"How's school dear?" Haneul's mom said from the other line. "It's okay, I got reunited with Areum again."