☁️Chapter 41☁️

...

Haneul has been thinking about what Aera said. She knew what the younger girl meant, heck she understands it deeply.

But she finds it hard in terms of ignoring her insecurities and intrusive thoughts. She did feel a bit better, finding her words a bit reassuring but of course, she still has to talk with Jaemin.

They have yet to interact, but the mere thought of him kissing her, the amount of care he has for her, made her feel hope— something she hasn't felt for someone in ages.

She was hopeful of what their feelings might blossom into. The thought of it causing her butterflies. But of course, feeling anxious did come with it.

After all, they didn't clear things out yet. Especially with how she responded to him reaching out for her.

"Honey! I'm home!" Minji's voice erupted from the door— as it made the simple pattern of notes indicating that it closed.

"Huh? Why are you here so early?" Haneul looked up from her laptop, eyeing the girl weirdly. 

"Aren't you glad to see me again? I'm so offended." She clutched her shirt, exaggerating that she was hurt.

"Well, to be honest, I am kinda getting sick of your face, like imagine living with you– Oh! And seeing you at school as well." The girl tapped her chin thinking of other remarks, all of them being jokes of course.

"I even got you ice cream– and this is what I get?" Minji was about to head out the door but was stopped by Haneul.

"Aw thank you! What a good friend you are." She cooed, pinching her cheek and taking the treat out of the familiar convenience store bag.

"Right..." Minji rolled her eyes, placing her bag on the counter, as she took a plastic bottle out of the fridge.

"You do know that they were all jokes right?" Haneul asked seriously making her friend burst into fits of laughter.

"Ah this is why I love you– did you think I was offended by what you said? Stop overthinking too much Haneul." Minji gave the girl a side hug, pointing at the ice cream. "That's gonna melt."

"Oh–" Haneul immediately unwrapped the frozen treat and started to lick it.

"Funny how this actually reminds of ice cream guy." She said, holding the treat near her mouth, as she tossed the wrapper in the bin.

"Even funnier how you tried to find him just to say thank you."

"Yeah, I did wanna find him to say thanks but I guess I just naturally gave up?" Haneul shrugged sitting on the counter.

"He was nice though, such a shame. Well, at least you got Jaemin now, no need for Mr. Ice cream guy."

"What do you mean?" She furrowed her eyebrows at the other.

"Weren't you searching for him because you wanted a boyfriend? You did say he was kinda cute..." Minji teased, smirking at her friend.

"No! I just wanted to say how grateful I am that a person like him exists." 

"Sure....whatever you say..."

...

"Hello? Sweetie?" The worrisome voice of his concerned mother made his heart melt. He knew he was going to get nagged for what he has done, but he did miss his mom.

After escaping his home, he went to stay at Jeno's place, taking nothing but his phone, charger, and wallet with him. He did insist on staying at a hotel, but his friend didn't let him as he said that it would be a waste of money.

So here he was currently residing in the Lee's guest room, which he was welcomed warmly by the family— taking him in as if he was their own son.

"Where have you been? I've been worried sick– you troublemaker! Your father said you fought with him and left. Are you okay? Where are you? What do–"

"I'm fine, mom." Jaemin looked at the plain white walls until his gaze trailed at the gloomy weather from the window. He trusts his mother. She was there for him every time he needed care and affection.

"I'm staying at Jeno's– but please don't tell dad." The boy sighed, cheek still bruised and cut.

"What about you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a little cut but I'm okay, stop worrying about me, mom." Jaemin said, tutting at his mother's words.

"How can I not, when I just got a call informing me that you're gone? Can't you just go back here? Talk things out with your father–"

"He's not going to listen to what I have to say, his company is more important than me anyways."

"But maybe he will this time–"

"Did you talk to Jaemin?" A sudden voice intruded on their conversation— his father.

"I'll go now, bye." Jaemin hung up. Saying those words coldly, a new profound tone came with the burning flames of fury, as the mere voice of his father reminded him of how stubborn the man was about his company.

////

"Did you talk to Jaemin?" The demanding tone frightened his wife. His piercing gaze eyeing the phone that fell on her lap.

"Yes." She answered quietly, if the room wasn't silent he wouldn't have heard her.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know." The woman said with confidence, lying in order to protect her son.

"He refused to tell?"

"I didn't ask." She calmly stated, standing up before walking towards the door.

"You're lying, and you know the deal. I already arranged him with the Choi's daughter– Choi Areum."