☁️Chapter 36☁️

To cut off her endless rambles, he placed his lips on hers

She tensed up eyes were wide, as this moment was far from what she expected. This however didn't last long, he pulled away quickly afterward. Her nose scrunched, as he did so, readjusting her glasses.

Her heart was beating rapidly, her eyes wide, as she stared at the boy who made her so flabbergasted, forgetting what she was about to say before he cut her off.

He was looking at her as if he did nothing, gazing at her innocently, waiting for her reaction.

"Y-you- what just happened?" Haneul muttered under her breath, yet with the silence of dawn engulfing them, this didn't go unnoticed by him.

He smiled at her, although he wouldn't be lying if he were to say he's nervous.

"You kissed me!" Haneul said, finally processing what just happened. Jaemin chuckled at her reaction, heart racing just like hers.

"You stole my first kiss..." The girl said touching her lips.

"I did? What about Sam-"

"We never did, hugs were the most amount of intimacy we had, but we never really kissed- but you-" Haneul paused, looking at him as he just smiled at her.

"You stole my first kiss."

"You already said that babe." Jaemin said, leaning his head back as he laughed.

"Right but still-" She paused looking at him, seeing as though he was unfazed by what he did.

"-that was totally not the first kiss I imagined." Haneul decided to mess with him, as she couldn't be the only one, feeling this way.

"Oh really? What did you imagine then." He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well firstly, I didn't expect it to be you, I thought it'd be Sam....oh also I imagine it to be romantic- the glasses were on the way, kinda hurt not gonna lie-"

"So this wasn't romantic? Don't worry, I won't kiss you again." The boy said sulking, crossing his arms as he frowned at her.

"Oh, so you're saying this won't be the only time you'll kiss me?" Haneul challenged back, confidence rising within her, mirroring his actions.

"You're getting braver now, I see... Did the kiss do that to you?" Jaemin said, leaning in, stopping when they were at least a few centimeters away.

"I don't know, did it?" Haneul tried to sound firm but she started to lean away from him.

"Maybe it did, wanna find out?" He grinned, looking at how flustered she got.

"Nope-" She said as an impulse, putting her hands on his shoulders, stopping him from getting closer. "I mean not that I don't want to kiss you- I mean I do- but you know, I mean I guess you don't know-" The girl stopped herself, putting her hand on her mouth.

"Wow, look at the sunrise!" Haneul exclaimed, slightly pushing the boy away from her.

Sitting on the grass as they admired the washed-out color blue of the sky, orange, and other pastel hues making their appearance.

She laid her head on his shoulder. His heart fluttering due to the simple action, resting his head on hers, as they wait for a few more minutes before leaving.

...

"Haneul, can you carry these boxes to the booth?" In response the girl nodded, picking up the cardboard boxes that held some decorations.

The festival was set to take place later on the day, so the students who are part of the council are busy as they are the ones who are preparing for their booths. At least to say, they were very occupied.

After that hangout with the boy, they proceeded as if nothing happened. They were too awkward to bring the topic up as if they were back to square one. But it didn't bother Haneul as much as it should, because their booth was weighing on her mind.

"You need help with those?"

Haneul peered her head over the pile of boxes that she was carrying, only for her to see Luke.

"It's fine, I can manage. I think there are more stuff to carry back in the room though." The girl said, craning her head towards the direction where she came from.

"Oh, thanks." Luke smiled at her which she reciprocated, which left the boy astonished. He was expecting the usual cold treatment from her— which didn't happen.

Going down another set of stairs, she almost tripped as the girl was having a hard time seeing what's in front of her. But thanks to her reflexes, she luckily avoided a tragic accident from occurring.

"Hey." The familiar voice said, simply taking half of the boxes into her arms.

"Hey..." Haneul looked at the girl, scanning her from head to toe. "You're here early."

"Well, I just finished rehearsals, we'll be performing later, so yeah. How are you?" The girl said, sporting a smile, as they walked side by side to the booth.

"I've been doing fine, how about you? It's been a while." Haneul mumbled the last part.

"Besides the fact that I've been grounded, rejected, and also forced to do something I don't want to, I've been fine."

"What do you mean, Areum? I'm sorry if I haven't been talking to you, I-"

"It's fine Haneul, it's about the company, I think you already know, and also the thing with Jaemin... can you still help me with it?" Areum pleaded, placing the boxes down, as they were now in the booth.

"I still don't understand why you are asking for my help, to be honest." Haneul contemplated on what she should say next.

"Please? C'mon Haneul, we've been friends for– what? Since babies, and I'm just asking you for a simple favor. Remember the times when I was there for you?"

 Remember the times when I was there for you?"