☁️Chapter 38☁️

The crowd went wild, and Haneul could only just cheer along with them

The crowd went wild, and Haneul could only just cheer along with them. The gesture hurting her more than it should've. Her insecurities feeding off her as tears start to prick her eyes.

She's still watching them, she saw how Jaemin pushed her off, and how the emcee moved on to the next performance But she couldn't be bothered by it anymore, she needed to flee the place.

"Haneul–" Minji's voice finally came through but she could only look at her friend, pity in her orbs as she watched the girl walk away.

...

"Don't kiss me right now..." Haneul sang as she walked along the familiar corridors— painted with memories.

Her earphones on her ears, as she let the music drown out her thoughts. Gaze on the vending machine ahead, and taking some money out for her comfort drink— strawberry milk.

Mind casually filled with thoughts of how Areum and Jaemin would announce themselves as an item. For instance, posting a picture with some cringy caption, or maybe they'll just walk in school hand-in-hand.

Heart hurting as she reminisced the scenario that had happened. Feeling as if something was clenching on the organ. But then again, does she even have the right to feel hurt? It's not like he's her boyfriend. Even so, she couldn't help it.

She arrived at a more secluded area of the university— benches were on each side as street lamps started to light up. The sun gradually disappearing as the sky transitions from oranges and light blues to purples and dark blues.

Taking a sip from the drink as she pulled out her phone to change the song, watching the stars that start to appear in the sky.

Sky— her name. How ironic, Haneul is looking up at Haneul. The thought made her scoff. Oh how she remembered the time when they did their project.

***

"Haneul, can you stand here." He instructed the girl. "Look upwards." She then looked upwards and saw the beautiful colors of the sunset. A few pinks and a lot of oranges, almost creating an ombre with the blue. She was admiring the sky, for the first time in a few months.

***

The memory made her bust out a small smile. How she would like to be as confident as she was with Areum a while ago. Maybe in that way she could admire herself, even if it were due to the tiniest of things. Yet with overthinking, she deemed it impossible.

Her train of thoughts got cut off as a very familiar person stood in front of her. Hands in his pockets as he sends her a smile.

"May I sit?"

"...sure" Haneul hesitantly replied as she quizzically looked at the boy next to her. Afraid of what his intentions were.