☁️Chapter 43☁️

"He's waiting for you at the park

"He's waiting for you at the park."

As much as bewildered and astonished Haneul was after hearing those words, she still managed to thank Aera.

She has never gotten a chance to see this guy or even ask for his name, therefore calling him an anonymous— ice cream guy.

Though she never knew him, she didn't even see his face– the thought of meeting him somehow made her heart skip a beat. She had a good feeling about it– it was unexplainable as to why but perhaps it was her intuition? But it was safe to say that she was feeling all giddy because she finally has the chance to thank the guy.

Making her way to the park, her mind was filled with thoughts— words that she might want to say or words that she shouldn't say.

When she reached the place, she saw a guy dressed in black sweatpants, as well as a mint-colored hoodie, sitting on the swings.

Seeing as the place was deserted, of course leaving her and the guy as an exception– he was ice cream guy.

Haneul wasted no time and jogged to where the boy was seated. Tapping his shoulder resulting the boy turning his head to face where she was.

She knew it was him... it was the darn hat– how could she forget? After searching if it was a store-bought one or a personalized one, it was him.

But what surprised her was not even how handsome he was, it was because she knew him– very well.

"Na Jaemin?" When those words came out of her mouth, the said boy stood up, looking down at Haneul with adornment in his orbs.

Her eyes teared up— the smile was now washed out leaving a frown, yet despite the suddenness of unexpectedly meeting him, both Jaemin and ice cream guy, she enveloped the guy in her arms.

"Hey... you okay?" Jaemin carefully stroke her hair, smiling as he hugged her back.

But his smile was short-lived as he heard the girl sniffle, feeling the tears that start to soak his shirt.

"You're crying... did I surprise you that much?" He said as he cupped her face in his hands— revealing her glossy eyes, that stared back at his.

"Yeah you did– I just– I missed you..." Haneul stated sniffling in the process as she tore her gaze away from his.

"I missed you too" He suddenly let out, the same sincerity that she had, reciprocated as he endearingly gazed at her.

The sudden honesty caught her off guard, as she placed her hands on top of his– pulling them away from her face, intertwining them as they fell on their sides.