☁️Chapter 37☁️

"Please? C'mon Haneul, we've been friends for– what? Since babies, and I'm just asking you for a simple favor

"Please? C'mon Haneul, we've been friends for– what? Since babies, and I'm just asking you for a simple favor. Please?" The other pleaded, hands clasped together, begging for Haneul to say yes. 

But the girl was having a battle in her head, another dilemma— striking her as per usual, yet she deemed this one to be different.

It's either she's going to help her again or not, it was supposed to be simple. Though weighing the outcomes and how they would affect her, wasn't even helping.   

"Remember the times when I was there for you?" Areum queried, getting impatient. 

This sudden question halted Haneul's busy mind, looking at the girl she once considered as a friend. Betrayal, she felt betrayed, the new emotion, evident in her orbs as she furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Is this what our friendship means to you? Am I just a pawn in your game?" Her tone, contrasting the usual soft one whenever they spoke to each other, made the other waver.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You're just using me because you know well that you can get him without my help."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You wanted me to stay away from him." Haneul started to approach Areum, pointing her finger at her. "You want me out of the picture. You saw me as a threat–"

"Fine!" She shouted, rolling her eyes as she continued. "I want you to move out of the way because you are stealing him from me."

"Last time I checked, he turned you down though." Haneul stated the truth, taking the other aback from the unexpected fact check.

"Why are you getting so confident? As if you stand a chance with him–"

"And you think you do, because?"

"Because you are nothing but a middle-class friend of his that will never be someone special for him."

Friends? Do friends...kiss?

"I might be middle class but sorry to break it to you– social status doesn't matter anymore."

"And you think you love him? If you truly love him you'll set him free and you know that Haneul. After all, you did that with Sam."

***

"I'm sorry, I'm just- When you love someone set them free- okay wait I-"

"Oh so, you love him?"

"No!"

"Exactly, because if you love him, you will fight for him."

***

"No– never bring up Sam, because you have no idea of what we've been through, and to that thought, you were never even there for me."