☁️Chapter 45☁️

•–||[8:57 p

•–||[8:57 p.m.]||—♡♡♡

Nighttime– and Haneul was seated on her swivel chair, her feet off the ground and on the chair, knees touching her chest as she was working on an essay that's due the day after tomorrow. 

Comfy with her oversized hoodie and sweatpants as she wore her glasses. A fluffy blanket draped over her shoulder with a soft animal— specifically a dog, plushie on her knees which served as a pillow for her chin.

The music she was playing on her phone contributed to the coziness in her bedroom. An ambiance she preferred rather than having sheer silence for her to focus.

Failing to notice that her door opened, the person already stepped in with food in both hands.

"Seems like you're busy..." the familiar deep voice resonated from behind her. His hands resting on the sides of her chair, as his chin was on top of her head.

"Oh my gosh! Jaem! You scared me!" Haneul turned her head– looking up at him. "Hey..." she let out, surprised at how close he was.

He kissed her cheek before turning to her bedside table where he placed the plastic bag of take-out.  "I brought you food– Minji said you refused to eat dinner because of that." Jaemin pointed at her laptop before sighing harshly. 

"You know, your health is way more important than that, how can you skip a meal? You have to eat so you can have energy to actually do what you need to do.  How can you do that if you don't have the energy?" The boy ended his rant— with matching hand gestures to further emphasize how frustrated he was, as he sat on her bed.

"Have you ever considered becoming a salesman or like joining a debate team?" Her eyes were focused on him, feet now on the ground.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah! Like you could really be one! I mean if you don't want to then don't, obviously it was a joke but I'm sorry if it offended you in some way– but I was just saying it as a what-if like you could totally rock that job– oh!" Jaemin stood up, pecking her lips to shut her up.

"Let's eat, yeah?" He started to unpack the take-out, clearing her study table.

Haneul suddenly thought of how he might be annoyed by what she said or maybe he was getting irritated by her endless rambling.

She started to approach the boy, blanket still on her shoulder which was now touching the floor. She wrapped her arms around his torso, resting her cheek on his back.

He suddenly chuckled, causing her heart to beat erratically as she felt the vibration of his laugh.

"I'm not offended by what you said if you're thinking that." Jaemin turned around placing his hands on her waist.

"Remember that time back then when we watched the sunrise–  I told you about how I was having a hard time..."

"Because of how it got awkward with you and those friends of yours that had feelings for you?" Haneul asked.