☁️Chapter 47☁️

Dread

Dread....

He was scared, anxious, a bit apprehensive to say the least. Never did he expect that he'll be making amends with his father especially after accepting the idea that he lost his after being neglected for so long.

Yet here he was, in his abode, seated on the familiar couch face to face with the man he used to call his hero.

Silence consumed the area. The once cozy, warm, and love-filled place slowly turned into a dark, depressing one.

However, Jaemin is there for a reason, he wants to bridge this gap, he wants to fix this and become close with his father once again.

He's been practicing as to what he is going to say once he talks to his old man, but nothing is coming out of his mouth.

Was it the suffocating atmosphere? Was it the fear? Or maybe they were just too afraid to break the fragile stillness of their surrounding.

"I'm sorry." There it was. Two words that Jaemin was supposed to say, something that he's been wanting to say.

But his father needed to say it.

"I've been neglecting you and was blinded by money. It was only then when you ran away did I start to reflect about my actions..." he looked at his son, eyes filled with regret.

"You've grown up so much better, than what I've expected you to be." Mr. Na went to Jaemin's side, raising his hand for a handshake.

"Will you forgive me? I'll try my best to make it up to you by being the father I was before all of this happened."

"You did neglect me, hurt me, and practically sold me off to someone I don't love, but I still forgive you. You're my father after all. Do I even have a choice?" Jaemin couldn't resist but roll his eyes, regardless he shook his father's hand

"Ah, so who is this someone you love?"

"So that is what you're concerned about? What about the 'I don't even have a choice' part?" His father chuckled, and soon his mother laughed joining the two of them.

"You're just like your mother."

"Well, she is mostly the one who raised me."

"I know... but I'll make it up to you, starting now. Bring that girl of yours here whenever you can, so we can meet her."

"Right... about that, we're not official yet– but we're both aware of our feelings it's just that I haven't formally asked her out."

"Jaemin Na. I've raised you better than this!"

"Wanna know how I asked your mother out?" His father said, smiling at his wife.

"Oh please, I was the one who made a move first!"

...

Jaemin took the courtesy to invite Haneul to the place they go to whenever they wait for the sun to rise.