☁️Chapter 39☁️

"Thank you! Your photos will be ready in a few minutes

"Thank you! Your photos will be ready in a few minutes." Haneul informed the customer, before looking around her to see if anybody was available.

"I need to get some more photo paper– can you take the pictures while I get some?" The girl said passing her camera to Luke who had just gotten back from his break.

"No problem, I think they're stored on the bottom shelf, under the window." Haneul nodded in response, as she walked back into the building.

Picking up her pace as she thought about the lack of supply in their booth. Once she reached the room, she immediately found what she needed thanks to Luke's directions.

The bundle of fresh photo paper was now in her hold as she turned around to walk back to their booth.

As much as she wanted to ponder on what has been happening ever since the start of the festival— the hectic schedule didn't allow Haneul to do so. In some way she found it helpful yet stressful at the same time.

Helpful, for her mind was preoccupied with other things, thinking about anything but the scenario that she found hurtful. The chaotic effect that it might cause her, terrified the girl.

Stressful, because handling a bustling booth, that had a lot of customers, was tiring, nonetheless she enjoyed it.

She took a turn and was passing by empty halls, not until she was stopped by a certain someone.

The person goalkeeping the corridor, making it difficult for her to pass. She really didn't need this right now.

"Haneul..." He started. His mere presence causing tidal waves to occur in her mind as the overthinking— from Areum to other's opinion, took over.

"Hey, Jaem." Haneul greeted, trying to pass by him, but he held her shoulders, keeping her in place, as he made sure that she was looking at him.

"Please Jaemin– I need to go back to the booth–" The girl protested, squirming out of his grip— which was successful, but he didn't give up just yet.

As she was heading back, Jaemin caught her wrist, which made her glance back at him.

"Can we talk?" The boy pleaded, his voice seemed guilty, pained– desperate.

"Not now..." She sighed, she truly didn't want to talk to him right now. She knows that he wasn't at fault, but it confused her... what were they?

"I'm busy," Haneul answered, looking everywhere, avoiding his eyes.

"Sorry Jaem– but I need to go, bye."

That was it, he let her go. Haneul's wrist slipping from his hold. He could only watch her walk away from him.

And as her figure disappeared, he felt it again. Unaware of how he was feeling that emotion, slowly tormenting him apart, breaking down wanting to cry his heart out— heartbreak.