Adoption day

"I think this is everything you needed to sign" your adoption agent tells you once you signed the last piece of paper. "Congratulation" she then says as she looks up at the two of you.

You feel Shawns hand reaching for yours under the table and he gently squeezes it.

It has been almost 1,5 years since you and Shawn decided you wanted to adopt a baby. It wasn't long before that that you found out that the changes of the two of you conceiving naturally where really small.

It has been a long 1,5 years, filled with countless amounts of interview and checks.

But 3 months ago you finally got the okay to adopt and not much longer after that there was a match with a then, 2 month old baby girl. She was left at the hospital, without any information about her family. The only thing that was there with her, was a small note, saying that they needed to find her a good home.

And today was finally the day that you where allowed to take her home.

"Thank you, thank you so much" Shawns voice pulls you out of your thoughts and immediately a smile appears on your face.

"Yes thank you" you also tell her.

Your adoption agent smiles as well before she stands up. "I think it's time to get her, please follow me" she tells you before standing up.

It doesn't take long before you and Shawn follow her, Shawn immediately taking your hand in his as you walk out of the little office into the hallway.

You go through some more doors before you finally enter a room that looks like a big nursery with a couple of cribs.

You walk to the one in corner and as soon as you see the little baby inside of it you feel tears filling your eyes.

Only now really realising you're finally a mother.

It doesn't take long before another woman walks towards you, a smile spread across her face.she gently lifts the baby out of the crib before turning towards the two af you, shaws hand now resting on your waist.

"Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Charlotte, and this is Skylar as you already know, congratulations" she tells you, smiling before handing you the baby.

"Thank you so much" you tell her, taking Skylar out of her arms and you gently press her against your body.

"She's so beautiful" you say as you look at Shawn, seeing that he also has tears in his eyes.

"I know darling, she's absolutely beautiful" Shawn agrees with you before he leases a kiss to the side of your head.

"You want to hold her?" You ask him and he quickly nods.

You hand her to him and after he has hold her for a while as well you finally decide to go home.

"I can't believe we are finally parents" Shawn whispers to you as he stands behind you, his arms wrapped around your waist and his head resting on you shoulder.

The two of you are staring at Skylar as she's asleep in her crib.

"I know, but I can't wait to start this next chapter of our life" you tell him.

Shawn presses a kiss to your cheek. "Me too and I love you" he says.

You smile. "I love you to" you say back before letting your head rest again his.