Overdue -part 2-

"Are you feeling any better" Shawn asks you, gently massaging you belly as you lay against him. You head resting on his chest.

"Yeah, thank you, really, for everything. I don't know what I did to deserve you" you tell him, letting out a breath.

Shawn lets out a laugh. "Honey, you are giving me a child, nothing I could do could compare to that" he tells you.

You eyes fill with tears at his words.

Damn those hormones

"Shawn, you are the best, and you're making me cry" you tell him and you look up at him, pressing a kiss to your lips.

"When I married you, I promised you I would always make you happy, so that's exactly what I'm doing" he mumbles, pressing down another kiss.

You smile at his words, mumbling a "thank you" as you rest your head back on his chest.

You stay in silence for a while, just enjoying each others company.

Suddenly you feel a shooting pain in you stomach, making you shrink.

"What was that, are you alright?" Shawn immediately says worried.

You try to take deep breaths, unable to answer him until the pain would go away, which it does after a few seconds.

"I, I don't know" you tell him, feeling your heart rate going up.

"Do you think it could be a contraction" Shawn then asks, sounding worried and nervous. Saying the thing you already thought.

"Maybe it could, I don't know" you say, feeling nervous as well.

You have been waiting for this for weeks but now it was happening it was pretty scary.

"What, what do we do, do we need to go to the hospital?" Shawn says, you can hear that he's panicking a little.

You are also panicking a little yourself, but you try to stay calm and remember what the doctor said you should do when it started.

"I'm not sure, but I don't think we need to go the hospital right away, but maybe you could call and asks when we need to go" you suggest, letting out a breath afterwards.

"Yeah, yeah, that sounds like a good idea, you want to stay in the bath or you want to get out?" Shawn says.

"I think I will stay a little longer, the water feels nice" you say, feeling a little shaky from what's happening.

"Okay, than I'm going to call the hospital, do you need anything?" Shawn asks, as he gets out off the bathtub before wrapping a towel around his waist.

"No, uhm, wait, actually can you call my mom, tell her what's going on?" You say, biting your lip a little as you look at him.

"Of course, I will be right back" he tells you, leaning down to press a kiss on your lips before he walks out the bathroom.

You place your hands on top of your bump, taking some deep breaths as you try to stay calm.

You are feeling excited and scared at the same time, not really knowing what you should expect.

It doesn't take long before Shawn returns to the bathroom, now dressed in some sweatpants and a shirt, his phone pressed against his ear as he kneels down next to you.

"Okay, Yeah, thank you very much! We will keep in touch" he says before ending the call.

" are you okay?" He asks you, taking your hand in his and pressing a kiss on top of it.

You nod.

"Good, I talked to your mom, I promised her we would call when we go to the hospital. I also called the hospital, they said we need to time your contraction, like how much time is in between them and when it's less than five minutes we should head to the hospital and call them to let them know we are coming" he explains.

You slowly nod and at that moment you feel another contraction coming up.

You take a deep breath, squeezing Shawn's hand a little.

"You are doing amazing baby, just remember to breath" Shawn tells you as soon as he notices, pressing a kiss top the side of your head.

After a few moments the pain fades away and you let out a breath.

"You're amazing" Shawn mumbles as he presses another kiss to the side of you head, making you smile.

He takes his phone out of his pocket, starting the timer.

"You want to get out?" He then asks.

You nod, "Yeah, I think that would be a good idea" you tell him before you unplug the drain.

Shawn helps you out of the tub wrapping a big towel around you.

You walk into your bedroom and sit down on the bed.

As Shawn is helped by you to put on some sweatpants and one his hoodies another contraction hits you. You grip on Shawn arm, trying to breath normal.

"Breath honey, breath, you are doing incredible, I love you so much" Shawn whispers.

After this contraction fades away the two of you get down stairs, where you lay down on the couch.

The contraction keep coming and going for a while, each one getting closer to the one before.

"Okay, that was less than five minutes, I think it's time to go to the hospital" Shawn says when another contraction fades away. He's biting his lip a little as he talks.

You give him a smile, already feeling tired. "Then lets go" You tell him, reaching his arm out to him so he can help you get up.

He holds your arms as he pulls you up, pressing a kiss on your lips.

"Lets become parents" he smiles at you.

"She's so beautiful and I'm so f*cking proud of you" Shawn tells you, as he's laying next to you. One of his arms is wrapped around you as his other hand is laying on top of your now 3 hours old baby daughter, Skylar.

You let your head rest against his chest, feeling tired but so unbelievably happy.

It were a long and painful 5 hours since you got to the hospital.

"She's beautiful but I couldn't have done it without you" you tell Shawn, turning your head a little so you can press a kiss on his chest.

You let out a deep breath, happy that it's over and you can family hold her.

"Get some sleep darling, you deserve it" Shawn mumbles as he presses a kiss to the top of your head.

"I love you so freaking much" you hear him say as you close your eyes and slowly drift of to sleep.