Nightmares

You wake up shaking, a layer of sweet on your forehead. Immediately tears are starting to run down your face.

It was the same as almost every time.

Ever since you witnessed the attack at the local mall about six months ago you have been experiencing heavy nightmares.

Reliving every second of the attack. Although you knew that nothing bad would happen to you every time it scares the sh*t out of you. Letting you wake up al sweaty and breathing heavy.

This night was no exception. You know there's only one way you could sort of calm yourself down.

Without even thinking about it you turn on your side, turning on the light in your bedroom and you grab your phone from your nightstand. As quickly as possible you dial Shawns number, knowing that you needed to hear his voice.

You sit op a little more straight, biting your nails a little as you listen to the tone.

Not knowing what time it would be in China you are just hoping that he wouldn't be in the middle of his concert.

You breath is still shaky, tears running down your face and sobs softly leaving you lips.

Luckily it doesn't take long before the beeping stops. You instantly feel more relaxed when you hear his voice.

"Y/n, baby, is something wrong?" he says, immediately sounding a little worried. He must know that it's the middel of the night in Canada.

"Shawn, I, I had a nightmare again. I'm, I'm so scared" you say trembling, not really knowing what else to say.

You can hear Shawn letting out a breath.

"Baby, I'm so sorry, I wish I was there, but everything will be alright, okay? Try to breath, you are home, you are safe, no one will do anything to you. I promise you. Everything will be alright" he tells you, trying to calm you down.

You let out a shaky breath. "I know, I, I just got scared and I needed to hear you voice" you tell him, "I, I hope I didn't bother you" you mumble at the end.

"Baby, you could never bother me, I'm happy you called me, I just wish I would be able to hold you" he says, making you smile a little.

"Are you feeling a little better?" He then asks and you know he's biting his lip.

You let out a breath. "Yeah, hearing your voice works wonders" you tell him, and you are feeling so much better, you always do.

"I'm happy to hear darling, do you want to talk more, or are you okay to go back to sleep?" he asks.

You take a breath. "I think I'm going to try to sleep some more, thank you for making me feel better" you tell him, smiling a little.

"Anything for you baby, now, I love your so f*cking much and I will talk to you tomorrow okay?" He suggest.

"I love you too Shawn, and I will talk to you tomorrow" you tell him before hanging up the phone.

You let out a relieved breath before you put your phone back on your night stand. You snuggle into your blanket feeling so much better as you slowly fall back asleep.