I Want Him

*Liam's POV*

It's been 3 weeks since Harry started school and he's doing amazingly. On the ride home every day he tells me about all the fun things he's learning and all of his new friends. It's gotten easier to leave him. We don't cry anymore. Louis takes him to school and I pick him up at noon. I miss him in the mornings, but I have time to do things now. I have time to write, clean the house, go to meetings I should've had weeks ago. It does get lonely sometimes though. The house is so quiet without my boys, especially Harry. I've started leaving the TV on just to have background noise. Harry seems to be doing fine though. He loves going to school and playing with his friends. Louis was right (don't tell him I said that), and Harry's clinginess has gotten better. He's back to being his confident, independent self. 

So, today we're going to visit the orphanage we got Harry from. Probably sounds odd, but he had been asking to go visit Miss Carrie and Miss Zoe since his new teacher reminded him of them. We called Carrie to see if it would be okay. We're bringing little presents for the kids and Carrie has a few things planned, so it should be a good day. 

We ring the bell at the orphanage and Carrie greets us with open arms. 

"Hello! It's so good to see you! My goodness Harry, you've gotten so big!" she comments.

"I big boy!" Harry shouts.

"I know! I almost didn't recognize you! Come in, come in," she insists.

Louis brings in the gifts while Harry holds my hand. He's really excited to see his old caretakers, but I have a feeling he's slightly nervous. We explained to him multiple times that he's not staying and he's still coming home with us and that we love him very much, but he's 3. Sometimes you just need to hold Daddy's hand. 

"The children are back here," Carrie informs. "I'm sure they'll love the gifts you brought them. 

We walk in and everything is still the same. It's the same room they had the little party for Harry in. I see some of the same kids, some new ones, and several that are missing, which I think is a good sign. 

"For those of you who don't know, this is Harry. His daddies adopted him a few months ago," Carrie informs the children.

"And they brought him back?" one girl interrupts. She's one of the older children. Maybe 12? 13?

Harry grips my hand a little tighter. 

"They've come for  a visit," Carrie emphasizes. "And they brought presents for you guys." Some of the smaller children perk up. "Would you like to see?"

"Yeah!" one little boy cheers. 

The children all line up and pick out their presents. Each child gets a few pairs socks (because Carrie insisted that they're always running out of socks) and a pair of gloves because winter is coming. Then they each get a toy. A little teddy bear, a car, a doll, a ball, etc. Nothing too big, but it's something. These kids don't have much to call their own and they're very appreciative. 

Once everyone in the room has their presents, some of the other caretakers come in with snacks.

"The cookies," Louis says indignantly and grabs my arm harshly. Zoe comes in with a huge plate of cookies. "The cookies of heaven have returned." He almost sounds like he's out of breath.

"Louis, they're just cookies," I whisper. "Calm down."

"They are not just any cookies." He sounds slightly offended.

"Whatever," I say as I roll my eyes.

"MISS ZOE!!" Harry shouts as Zoe places the cookies on the table.