Harry's Birthday!

*Louis's POV*

While most Sundays are reserved to do nothing, today just so happens to the be day of Harry's birthday party! My little baby is turning 4! We have the whole day planned out perfectly. Liam is making breakfast right now. Zayn is helping me decorate the house. We're going to get the little ones up soon. After breakfast we have to get Harry ready for his party with all his friends. The petting zoo people are arriving at 11:30. Liam's parents are arriving around 12. All the kids should be arriving around 1. We need to go pickup the cake at some point. This day is going to be amazing. There's just so much to do. 

As Zayn and I are finishing hanging up the birthday banner I hear crying from upstairs. I listen for a second to figure out who it is. 

"Niall?" Zayn asks. I nod and make my way toward the stairs. 

"Louis! Baby's crying!" Liam calls from the kitchen.

"On it!" I yell back.

When I get to his room, I'm immediately hit with the smell of sick. I open the door fully and there is just vomit everywhere. All over Niall. All over his crib. Some on the wall behind his crib. Some on the floor. I have to stop myself from gagging. 

"Shit. We do not have time for this today," I mumble to myself. 

Niall reaches out his little arms the his little hands are just covered in sick and he's crying his eyes out. 

"My baby, what happened?" I coo while taking my shirt off so I don't get it dirty. The less laundry to have to do today, the better. He cries harder when I don't pick him up right away. I try to find a clean spot to pick him up from, but there isn't one. It's all over his pjs. It's on his face. It's in his hair. It's just everywhere. I touch his forehead and he's all sweaty and burning up. "My poor baby. Papa's got you. Let's get this icky thing off." I unzip his sleeper and just leave it in his bed. When I pick him up, I find that he's had some kind of nappy explosion and there's poo all over his back ... and I've just stuck my hand in it. Being a parent is so glamorous. I just need to take a deep breath, but I can't because it smalls so bad I can't breathe!

"Liam!!!!" I scream. "Help!!"

Zayn gets here first. He pokes his head in and immediately covers his nose. "Oh God. What happened?"

"I think he has a poorly tummy. Can you go run a bath for him, please? In my bathroom?"

"Got it!" Zayn dashes out of the room just as Liam gets there.

"Oh my god, was there a tornado?" he asks. He looks down at Niall in my arms. "Your hand is in poo."

"Thank you, Captain Obvious, but I'm very aware of that fact. We're supposed to go wake up Harry in a few minutes. This child needs a bath. This room needs a deep cleaning. We need to eat breakfast. Is it ready?"  He nods. "And now breakfast is going to be cold and Harry is going to be upset. We need to finish decorating and we have a poorly baby and we have a petting zoo coming at 11:30 and children coming at 1 and we still have to go pick up the cake." About that time Niall throws up again, all over me this time, and starts screaming his head off. 

"Oh, that's gross," Liam comments. 

I close my eyes and take a breath. "I love my child. I love my child. I love my child. Even if he vomits all over me. I love my child. Even when my hand is covered in his poo. I love my child." I look at Liam and he gives me a sympathetic look just as Zayn walks in. 

"Bath is ready."

"Thank you, Zayn. I'm going to go give him a bath. You can go back downstairs and keep decorating. Liam..."