Just Take Good Care of Him

*Liam's POV*

It's been a little over 2 months and Niall's adoption has finally gone through. We called Carrie the day after we made the decision. She was very excited when we called and made sure our paperwork got through as quickly as possible. I honestly have no idea what kind of strings she had to pull to make it go through so quickly, but I am very grateful for everything she did.

Harry was so excited when asked him about adopting Niall. Apparently his little friend Darcy has a baby sister and she talks about her all the time, so Harry is excited to have a baby brother. He won't stop talking about it. He was so excited to help decorate Niall's room. We went with a soft green for the walls, a jungle theme (all kids love animals right?), and white furniture. 

Today is the day we're bringing Niall home. 

"Papa how long before we see Ni-ni again?" Harry asks from the back seat. 

"We're almost there, baby. Be patient," Louis answers.

Harry huffs. He's met Niall already. We had the same kind of meetings with Niall that we did when we were adopting Harry. He's so wonderful with him. He's been talking to him and telling him all about our family. Niall probably doesn't understand, but it's cute nonetheless. Niall is absolutely adorable and Louis and Harry fell in love with him as soon as they saw him. We're so ready to bring him home.

"We're here, Harry," Louis says. 

"See Ni-ni!!" Harry shouts. 

"Yep, lets's go," I say, getting Harry out of the car. 

"Hello!" Carrie welcomes. "Come in, come in! The party is back here." She leads us into the room where Harry's party was. 

"Where's my baby?" Louis asks. 

"In the baby room. You're welcome to come back with me to go get him," Carrie says.

"I thought we weren't allowed," I say. 

"You two are. We trust you," Carrie says. "Harry, do you think you can go help Miss Zoe  with the food?" Best to not have Harry in the baby room waking up everybody.

Harry nods. "MISS ZOE!!" Harry yells running over to her. 

Carrie leads Louis and I over to the baby room. We walk in and there is a boy reaching his hand over the crib and playing with Niall while the other babies are sleeping.

"Oh, Hi," Louis says. 

The boy looks up, looking frightened, and pull his hand away from Niall.

"Oh, Zayn, will you excuse us please," Carrie says.

The boy looks to the floor and walks away.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"That's Zayn. He's a sweetheart. He comes to play with the babies sometimes. He's become quite fond of Niall, actually."

"And we're taking him away..." I start.

"Don't look at it like that. Zayn will be okay. He..." she pauses and thinks for a second. "He's been through a lot, but he's a strong little boy."

"Can I talk to him? So he can say goodbye to Niall?" I ask.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, babe?" Louis asks after picking Niall up out of the crib.

"Yeah, it'll be fine."

I find Zayn sitting outside the door with a book. He looks up when I come out.

"Hi, Zayn right?" He nods cautiously. "I'm Liam. My husband and I are going to be Niall's new parents and we're taking him home today." He looks back down at his book. "Miss Carrie tells me you've become quite good friends with him. I was wondering if you wanted to say a little goodbye." He quickly shakes his head 'no.' "Are you sure? It's okay. I don't mind. You can hold him if you want." He perks up at that. "There we go. Come on," I encourage, reaching out my hand. He takes my hand and we go back into the room together.