We'll Always Come Back

*Liam's POV*

"Come in. Come in," Carrie welcomed. "How are you?"  she asks, giving us each a hug.

"Great, actually. Ready to see Harry," I answer.

"That's wonderful. Every day he's asked me when he gets to see you again," Carrie says. "Actually, Zoe! Would you mind going to get Harry for me? He should be waking up from his nap just about now."

"And if he's not awake yet?" Zoe asks making a concerned face.

"Um..." Carrie considers, pulling the same face. "Give him a few minutes to see if he wakes up on his own. Give him until 2:15 and if he's not up by then wake him up."

"He's gonna be grumpy if I wake him up," Zoe informs.

"I know, but tell him his daddies came to see him. He should get up then," Carrie suggests.

"Good idea." Zoe left the room to go retrieve Harry.

"Is he usually grumpy when he wakes up?" I ask.

"Kinda," Carrie answers. "He likes to sleep. If he gets up on his own, he's fine. But if someone wakes him, he gets a little grumpy."

"What do you mean by grumpy?" Louis asks. "There's different definitions of grumpy."

"Well, he's either really quiet or really whiny. He's usually very bubbly and happy but right after he gets woken up, he's not so happy. Usually doesn't last longer than a half hour though," Carrie informs.

"Well that's not too bad. That's like me waking up in the morning," I confess. 

"Don't I know it..." Louis says dramatically.

"Heey..."

Louis just gives me a big smile, hoping I'm not actually upset (which I'm not).

Carrie giggles and brings up some things on her computer. "Now, I know you've already had a home study before, to see if your home could be suitable for a child, but we need to schedule another home visit to make sure your house is prepared for Harry. Mostly it's checking to make sure your house is still suitable. Checking to make sure Harry has somewhere to sleep and it's safe to have a 3 year old running around. Takes less than 30 minutes, but still very important. They can help if you have any questions. Help you with putting in the car seat. Give you some advice." 

"Is there anything we should do before this visit?" Louis asks. "Besides setting up the room of course. We've painted but some of the furniture has't been delivered yet."

"Not really. Make sure the doors are secure and lock so he can't get out without your help. Make sure he has his own bed to sleep in and clothes to wear. No aggressive pets. There's a railing on your stairs, right?" Carrie asks very seriously.

"Of course!" Louis answers. "Why wouldn't we have a railing on the stairs? That's dangerous! Imagine you fell off from the top step and landed on the floor below."

"I only ask because I remember hearing about a couple who was doing some renovations on their house. They scheduled a home visit when their stairs had no railing and one of the rooms wasn't complete. They had to wait longer to take their child home."

"Oh, well, no. We don't have that issue. Just need to finish setting up the room. The furniture should get delivered in a couple days though," Louis affirms.

"How about we schedule the home visit for next Thursday? That way you have time to finish his room. And around the same time as well."

"Is it possible to move it until after 4? That's when I get out of work." Louis usually has no trouble getting out of work, but taking a day off once a week is a little much.