We Saw Nemo!

*Louis's POV*

It's a Saturday morning and Harry and I are going out for the day to give Liam some time to write. (He's an author and books don't just write themselves.) He's not had much time to write lately because he's wanted to spend most of his time with Harry. Well, Harry's been home for 2 months and Liam needs to actually get some work done. 

"Harry, we're leaving now. Say 'bye' to Daddy."

"Bye Daddy!" Harry shouts and gives Liam a hug.

Liam kisses him on the forehead. "Have a good day with Papa. Be a good boy."

"I will Daddy!"

"Okay, sweetheart. I'll see you when you get home. I love you." Liam gives Harry another kiss.

"Love you Daddy!" Harry shouts as he runs over and grabs my hand as we walk to the door. 

"Love you Daddy. Harry and I will see you for dinner," I say. 

It's strange transitioning to being a 'dad.' One day it's just you and your partner (husband in my case) and then suddenly you have another life that relies on you for everything and thinks you're just the greatest human that has ever lived (I know because Harry has told us). And you love them unconditionally and they love you the same. It's so strange because 3 months ago, Harry didn't even know who Liam and I were and here we are today saying 'I love you' too each other. Like, there's no reservations about it.  We genuinely love Harry and Harry genuinely loves us. And then it also becomes completely normal to call your partner 'daddy' or 'papa' or 'mummy,' something that would have sent us into fits of giggles just a few months ago. It's amazing how much can change in just a few short months. I never knew how much I could love someone until Harry came along. I've loved Liam with all my heart for forever, but with Harry, it's a different kind of love. It's so pure and innocent. I don't really know how to describe it. It's like, in Harry's eyes, Liam and I can do no wrong. Nobody has ever looked at Liam and I the way Harry sees us. His eyes always light up whenever he sees us. I don't know. I just find that fascinating. And, actually, Harry has made me love and appreciate Liam even more. With Harry around, I now appreciate my time alone with Liam even more now. We've gotten so much closer and our bond is even stronger. Between my two boys, I've never felt more loved in my entire life. 

****************************************************************************************************

Our first stop on our adventure is the zoo. We haven't take Harry out much because we're not sure how he'd react in crowds. We've been to the grocery store, restaurants, and the park, but never any place that is really crowded where he's not confined. I'm a bit nervous about not having Liam with me and also choosing not to bring a stroller. Harry's not one to run off, but with the excitement of all the animals, I just don't know.  

"Are you excited?" I ask, getting Harry out of the car. 

"Yeah! What we see, Papa?"

"Whatever you want. They have monkeys, giraffes, penguins..."

"All of that, Papa?!" Harry asks surprised

"And more. There's also lions, and tigers, and bears..."

"Oh my!" Harry shouts with a giggle. We watched The Wizard of Oz with him a few days ago and he's obsessed. He said he wants a dog like Toto. 

I kiss his forehead as I carry him over to the entrance to pay. 

We spot the penguin exhibit just as we enter the zoo and Harry starts squirming to be put down. "Papa, down!"

"Remember, we ask nicely?"