Home

*Louis's POV*

As it turns out, Harry was totally fine in the car. He fell asleep about two minutes into the ride and slept until we turned onto our street. 

Harry woke with a start and looked around the car, as if not remembering where he was.

"Hello, sweetheart. Did you have a good nap?" Liam asks gently.

"Um... yeah..." Harry answered. He didn't sound like himself. I glanced in the rearview mirror and noticed he was squirming around a lot. 

"Harry, baby, what's wrong?" I ask. 

"Um... I... uh..." Harry stammered.

"What's wrong sweetheart? Tell daddy what's the matter. It's okay," Liam encourages.

"I... I hafta go..." Harry whines, wiggling even more and crossing his legs

"Oh, well it's a good thing we're home," I reply just as we're pulling in the driveway.

As soon as I turn off the car, Harry starts whining and pulling at the straps on his car seat. He looks near tears. "Daddy, help..." he whimpers.

Liam unbuckles Harry, sets him on his hip, and rushes inside. We wanted to give Harry a grand tour of his new home, but clearly there are more pressing issues. 

I gather the stuff we had packed in the car, which we didn't really need after all, and make my way inside. I hear water running and a giggle coming from the general direction of the bathroom. A few seconds later, Liam comes out with a giggling Harry on his hip. 

"All better?" I ask. 

Harry nods with another giggle.

"Made it just in time," Liam answers. 

"Well, good," I say kissing Harry's forehead. "Harry would you like to have a tour of the house?"

"Um... what's a tour?" Harry questions.

"Would you like Papa and I to show you around the house?" Liam rephrases.

"Oh! Yes, please, Daddy!" 

So, we did. We gave Harry a tour of the entire house, from the kitchen, to the living room, to the bathrooms, to the garden, and everything in between. We saved the best for last: Harry's room.

"Harry, this is your room," I said as we stopped outside his door. There was a little wooden sign on it that read 'HARRY' in blue letters. 

"Wow!" Harry whispers to himself as we enter the room.

We had decided to go for blue and white, with touches of orange. His bed, dresser, night stand, bookshelves, toy box, and wardrobe are all white. The walls are a teal color, to keep the room bright and cheery. The chair (a big comfy recliner, ideal for bedtime story reading) is a deep navy blue, which would be easier to keep clean. His bedding is a soft royal blue with some orange throw pillows. There's a nightlight shaped like a cloud plugged into the wall. The book shelves have several books and movies as well as sets of blocks and legos. The night stand has an orange lamp and a picture of me and Liam on it. There's a tv and dvd player mounted on the wall, but Harry doesn't have access to the remote, so he can only watch stuff when we put it on for him. The floor has plush beige carpeting (because white would be too difficult to keep white). Clothes are hanging in the wardrobe and folded in the dresser. The walls have a couple pictures of cars and some Disney characters (Liam's choice) just to have some decoration on the wall. It's relatively simple, but Liam and I are very proud of the work we accomplished.

"Do you like it?" Liam asks.

"I LOVE IT!!" Harry yells!! "THANK YOU DADDIES!!" Harry hugs my legs, so I reach down and pick him up so I can hug him properly.

"You're welcome, baby," I say kissing his cheek. "It's all for you."

"Really?" Harry asks in disbelief.

"Yep. This is your room with your stuff. And this is now your home with your daddies," Liam explains.

Harry just keeps looking around the room, as if unsure what to focus on. It's a lot for a 3 year old to take in. To be taken from an environment where everything is limited and shared to a place where everything is yours is a lot to adjust to. 

"Papa, down please," Harry requests.

I set him down and Harry immediately runs over to the bed. He climbs on and wiggles around, trying to find a comfy position. He lays down and spreads out his arms and legs like a starfish. He gives out a content sigh.

"Do you like your bed, baby?" I ask.

"Yes, Papa. Is soft," Harry answers. Harry then gets off the bed and tentatively makes his way over to the toy box. "Is mine?"

"Yes, sweetheart. These are your toys." Liam goes over to Harry and pulls a couple things (stuffed Disney toys) out of the box. "Who's this?" he asks waving a yellow bear.

"Pooh bear! And that Stitch!" Harry yells, pointing to the little blue alien. Liam hands Harry the toys and Harry hugs them to his chest. 

"You have these over here, too, darling," I say pointing out the Lego sets on the book shelf. I had worried that legos would be too small for Harry, but apparently Lego makes sets for small children. The actual blocks are bigger than regular legos (so children can't swallow them and they don't get lost as easily), but they come in cute sets like animals and cars and other things. 

Harry leaves his other toys with Liam and comes to inspect the legos. His eyes light up immediately. "I build!" Harry shouts.

"Yes, baby. You can build whatever you want," I say.

"Thank you, Papa," Harry says, giving me a hug. "We build now?"

"That sounds like a great idea!" I exclaim. "You and I can make this while Daddy makes dinner. Does that sound good?"

"Yeah!" 

We all went back downstairs so Liam could start on dinner while Harry and I built a set of lego cars in the living room. We put on some music, as we normally do when making dinner. We complete our cars and go to watch Liam finish making dinner, spaghetti and meatballs. Harry sits in his little booster (we figured he was too big for a high chair) and is perfectly content to sit and eat with no complaints. As a typical 3 year old, he ends up getting spaghetti sauce everywhere and is in desperate need of a bath after dinner. I clean up after dinner while Liam gets Harry started on his bath. I walk into the bathroom and find Harry surrounded by bubbles with a humungous bubble beard. 

"Papa look! I like Santa!" Harry shouts as he splashes around in the bath.

"You do look like Father Christmas, baby. Can Papa take a picture?" I ask, pulling out my phone.

"Okay!" Harry gives a big, adorable smile. I snap a couple photos with my phone and almost die of the cuteness. 

Liam lets Harry play for a few minutes longer before properly scrubbing him down and getting him clean. Harry is wrapped up like a tiny adorable burrito and taken to his room to get ready for bed. I dry him off while Liam picks out some pajamas (dinosaur ones to be exact). Carrie had suggested bed-time nappies, so we made sure to get some of those. I pull one out and Harry's face goes a little red.

"No need to be embarrassed, love. It's okay. You're still our big boy," I say. I don't want him to be embarrassed about these kind of things. He's only 3. Most 3 year olds don't have bladders of steel. Accidents happen, and it's okay. It's not a big deal.

"Okay, Papa," Harry says, stepping into the nappy. It's more of a pull-up, really. You can pull it on like underwear or attach the sides like a nappy. 

After the nappy, Liam helps Harry get his pajamas on. We then pick out a book to read before bed. We turn off the lights and leave just the lamp on, so it's darker and Harry will get sleepy. Harry sits on Liam's lap while he reads Where the Wild Things Are. I go downstairs to retrieve Harry's bear and blanket that got left down there. When I come back, Harry is rubbing his eyes, clearly sleepy. I hand him his bear and blanket so he can get more comfortable. Harry falls asleep before Liam finishes the story. We tuck Harry in, give him kisses, turn on the night light, and turn off the lamp. For a while, Liam and I just stand there watching our baby sleep. Our baby that we've waited for for so long is finally home. Harry is home and asleep in his own bed. We couldn't be more happy.