Nervous

Louis's POV

"Good night my big boy." I say as I tuck Harry into his bed after going to the bathroom one last time. "Daddy and I are so proud of you."

"But Papa, what if I wee the bed?"

"Don't think about that, baby. You're just nervous. It's okay. We're just trying it out to see how it goes. You've gone so long without having an accident. You can do it. Daddy and I believe in you. You're such a big boy." I kiss his forehead. "Love you, Harry."

"Love you, Papa."

I turn on his night light, turn off his lamp, and meet Liam out in the hallway.

"How did it go?" he asks.

"I think he's nervous, but that's to be expected. We'll see how it goes in the morning."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, if not, we'll just clean him up."

"Yeah." Liam and I poke our heads into Zayn's room. "Hey, we're gonna watch a movie downstairs. Did you want to join us?"

"No. I was gonna read my book."

"Okay, love. Don't stay up too late. Good night!"

"Night, Papa. Night, Dad."

******************************

Zayn's POV

I'm just about to finish a chapter in my book and get ready for bed when I see my door slowly being pushed open and Harry's mop of curls popping in with his blankie in his hands. "Where's Daddy and Papa?" he asks.

"Downstairs. Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" He looks down at the floor and nods his head. He holds his blankie a little tighter. I look him over, but something seems... not right. I mark where I left off and put down my book. "Are you okay? Do you want me to go get them?" He shrugs. Something is definitely not right. I call him over to the bed and he comes, but he still won't look at me. "Come on. Look at me. Is everything okay." He looks at me and shakes his head. "What's wrong?"

"Can't sleep" he mumbles.

"Why not?" He shrugs again. "You know why. Just tell me. It's okay."

"'m nervous..."

"Nervous? Nervous about what?" He's 4! What could he have to be nervous about? He looks at the floor again and doesn't answer. "Come on." I pull him up onto my bed and sit him next to me. I put my arm around him and rub his back a little. "What's wrong? What's got you all upset and nervous?"

He sighs. "I never sleep with no nappy."

"Oh Harry... no need to worry! You've gone two full months without one accident! You'll be fine!"

"But... but what if I have one now? I'm scared... My head won't stop talking about it," he pouts and buries his face in his blankie. Poor thing. 

"No need to be scared. You'll be okay."

"But Daddy and Papa will be sad if I have an accident." I see tears start to form in his eyes. 

"Come here." I pull him onto my lap and give him a big hug. "I think you're anxious."

"What's anxious?" Harry asks.

"You're worried about something happening that might not actually happen. You're worried that now that you don't have protection something will happen, like having an accident, right?" Harry nods. "And you're so anxious that you can't relax and fall asleep."

He nods again. "Can't stop thinking about it."

"Which makes you think you'll have an accident even more."