Pancakes

*Liam's POV*

Louis thought it was dumb, considering Harry is already 3, but I had insisted on getting a baby monitor. We were new parents our room wasn't right next to Harry's where we would hopefully hear if anything was wrong (there was a closet and a bathroom separating us). I'm glad we got the monitor because at about 6am the next morning, we hear slight whimpers coming from it that we definitely would not have heard otherwise. 

"Is that Harry?" Louis asks.

"Who else would it be?" I rub my eyes, considering it's 6 am, and get out of bed. When I open Harry's door, he jumps at my sudden presence and I see him sitting up in bed, crying, and holding onto his teddy for dear life.

"Oh, sweetheart, what's wrong?" I ask gently, while approaching him. I pick him up and he cries into my shoulder. 

Louis comes up behind me and starts rubbing Harry's back. "What happened, baby? Did you have a bad dream?"

"I sorry..." Harry whimpers and looks up.

"What?" I ask. 

"I sorry!" Harry cries. 

"Why are you sorry, baby? What happened?" Louis asks. 

"I'm wet... I sorry! I didn't mean to!! I sorry!" Harry cries. 

Now that he mentions it, I can fell the wetness in his nappy. Wet ones just feel different than dry ones.

"Oh, baby. It's okay," Louis protests.

"I sorry..." Harry sniffles. 

"It's was an accident, sweetheart. It's okay. There's no need to apologize."  I kiss his cheek. "We'll get you all cleaned up. No need to cry. No need to be upset. Daddy and Papa still love you." 

Harry mostly stops crying, just sniffles and rests his head on my shoulder. 

I grab some baby wipes and lay Harry down on the bed to start cleaning him up. It's a fairly simple process. When I finish cleaning him, I'm not sure whether to put him in another nappy or underwear. "Are you still sleepy, Harry?"

He rubs his eyes and gives a slight nod.

"Do you wanna go back to sleep?" I ask.

He nods again. 

I decide to put him in another nappy, just in case. I put his pajamas back on him and start to tuck him back into bed.

"No, daddy!" Harry whines and reaches up for me.

"Shhh... What's the matter? You're okay," I try to soothe. "You're gonna go back to sleep remember?"

"No leave..." Harry whimpers.

I turn back to Louis, who had been waiting by the door. We had agreed that Harry would not be sleeping with us. He needs to get used to sleeping on his own, in his own bed, in his own room. I really want to go back to sleep though... It would be so much easier to just bring him to bed with me and Louis. Louis could tell what I was thinking and shook his head 'no'.

"How about you and me have some cuddles in the chair before we go back to sleep, huh? Does that sound good?"

Harry nods enthusiastically and reaches out for me to pick him up. 

Louis leaves the room so Harry and I can have some time alone. I cover Harry with his blanket and we get comfy. Harry holds his bear close to him while we rock in the chair. I start humming so the room isn't totally quiet. It's some kind of variation of You Are My Sunshine mixed with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I don't even know. It's more like just random notes that kinda sound okay together. I can hear Harry's slow, even breathing. After a while, I realize my eyes are closed, but I can't bring myself to open them.