He's Fine Now

*trigger warning: mentions of panic attacks, mentions of death*

Liam's POV

Zayn and I go downstairs to start dinner and leave Louis to get changed out of his work clothes.

Harry and Niall are watching some cartoon on the tv in the living room. "Hey boys would you like to help Zayn and me with dinner?" 

"YEAH!!!" Niall screams running up to me on his chubby toddler legs. I've never seen a little boy so happy about food. He loves helping to cook because I let him "test" things out to make sure they're good to eat.

"NO!!" Harry asserts with a pouty face and a scowl.

"Why not Haz?" I ask. "You usually love helping. We can get out you apron and everything."

Harry shakes  his head again and crosses his arms over his chest. I kneel down closer to him. "What's wrong baby? Why are we pouting."

"Zaynie mean to me," he pouts.

"Ah! So that's what this is about." I pick him up and bring him closer to Zayn. "Harry says his Zaynie was mean to him."

"Zaynie yell..."

"Hazzy I didn't mean it. I'm sorry I yelled at you," Zayn apologizes. "Come here."

"NOO!!" Harry shouts, trying to wiggle away from Zayn. 

"Harry, you know I don't like it when you shout," I scold. "Zayn said he was sorry for yelling at you."

Harry just continues to pout and refuses to look at Zayn. 

"Please Harry," Zayn pleads. "I'm really sorry. I was really upset earlier, but that doesn't mean I should yell at you. Did I scare you when I yelled?"

"No..." His lip starts to wobble like he was going to cry.

"Oh, Hazzy don't cry." Zayn picks Harry up out of my arms and sets him on his hip. Harry lets out a little sob and buries his face in Zayn's shoulder. "Look at me Hazzy," Zayn says lifting Harry's chin with his finger. "Did I scare you cuz I screamed?"

"Yes... Zaynie never yell at me. I just wanted to help cuz you was sad. Love my Zaynie." Harry mumbles with a pout.

"Aww, I love you too, Hazzy. I'm really sorry I yelled," Zayn says kissing Harry's cheek and wiping away his tears. "It won't happen again. I'm okay now. How about you help me and Dad..."

"And Niall," I add.

"And Niall, with dinner," Zayn adds with a chuckle. "I'll help you put on your apron and everything."

"Okay!" Harry exclaims with a smile.

"Good! Come on boys, wash your hands before we start."

"Love you, Zaynie."

"I love you too Harry."

"And NiNi?"

"We love you too Niall," Harry and Zayn say simultaneously.

*******************************************************************************

We're almost finished making dinner and Louis still hasn't made an appearance.

"I'm gonna go check on Papa to see what's taking him so long. Zayn, keep stirring the pasta for me, please, and take the chicken out when the timer goes off. Harry, please finish setting the table. We need forks and spoons. Make sure everyone has a napkin."

"Okay, Daddy!"

"NiNi do?" Niall asks.

"You just sit there and look cute."