First Day of School

*Louis's POV*

It's here. It's finally here. Harry's first day of school. Well, it's just nursery, but still. 

Harry seems excited. He got new clothes and a new backpack. We told him there would be lots of toys and new friends to play with. 

The only problem is I'm not quite sure if Harry understand that Liam and I aren't staying with him. We told him, but I'm not quite sure if it sunk in. 

Harry enthusiastically eats his breakfast while chattering to Liam. 

Liam cried before we even got Harry up this morning. He's gotten used to having Harry with him all day. Right now, he's smiling and chatting with Harry, but he looks like he could cry very easily. 

I feel okay. I don't know how long that'll last, but, for now, I'm okay. 

It's half-past 7, which means it's time to take Harry to school, at least for today. The school is only 5 minutes away, but we wanted to be early today... just in case. 

"Bug, you almost done with breakfast? It's almost time to go," I say.

"I done, Papa!" Harry proclaims.

"Okay, how about you run upstairs, get your new shoes, and I'll help you put them on," I suggest.

"Okay!" Harry scurries off to find his new school shoes. 

"How are you?" I ask Liam.

"Okay..." he says a little shakily. 

"Babe..."

And Liam loses it...

"Liam, you can't cry in front of him. Not right now. We haven't even left the house yet." I wrap Liam in a hug and he hides his face in my neck.

"He... he's just... he's so... li-little. He's... growing up... so... fast," Liam sobs.

"Oh, babe. It's just part of growing up. Everyone has to go to school. And it's only for a few hours. He'll be okay," I encourage.

"But... I'll miss him," Liam sniffles. 

"You'll be okay, too," I giggle. 

"Papa!" Harry shouts.

"I'm gonna go help him. You go wash your face. No more tears. Got it?"

Liam nods.

"It's gonna be okay," I say, kissing his forehead (which is not the easiest feat considering he's taller than me).

***********************************

We've arrived at the school. Harry's between me and Liam, with a firm grip on each of our hands. He seems okay. Slightly nervous, but that's to be expected. 

We walk into the classroom and Harry's eyes go wide at all the toys. There's a few children playing with some toys and saying goodbye to their parents. One little girl is crying and another little girl is, I'm guessing, trying to make her happy. She keeps bringing dolls to the crying girl. At least the kids seem nice. 

"Hello! I'm Miss Anna," a lady says introducing herself to us. "And you must be Harry," she says getting down in front of Harry. "It's very nice to meet you. I'm going to be your teacher. We're gonna have lots of fun and learn lots of things. Are you excited?"

Harry nods enthusiastically.

"That's great! You can go play and we'll start in a bit."

She walks away and a feeling of dread comes over me. We're going to have to say goodbye. I look at Liam and he looks nervous.