Bestest Friend

*Liam's POV*

Louis is at work, Harry is at school, and I'm at home with Niall making breakfast. 

"Ah!!" Niall shrieks in his highchair.

"I know you're hungry. You're always hungry. Eggs are almost ready." I swear he eats everything. Harry can be a little picky about food sometimes, but Niall eats whatever you put on his tray. You could put flowers on his tray and he'd probably eat those too. 

The toast pops out of the toaster and Niall squeals at it.

"I know," I coo. "Exciting stuff. Food is always exciting."  

I wanted to do eggs and soldiers, but last time we did that Niall got very messy from the egg (we've discovered that runny yolks are not good for 1 year olds) and the toast fell out of his hands and ended up on the floor. So we're doing scrambled eggs and tiny soldiers. If you cut the toast smaller, it's easier for him to hold/eat. I put the eggs and toast on plates for us and set Niall's plate in front of him. 

"Breakfast! Would you like some egg?" I ask. I have some on a spoon, but Niall chooses to just dig right in with his hands. I knew I should've just given him the toast. "Guess we don't need the spoon," I chuckle. "Is that good?" Niall enthusiastically nods and shoves more food in this mouth. "Slow down. You're gonna get sick." I pull the plate away from him a bit and he whines. "I'm not taking it away. Calm down." I let go of the plate and he goes back to eating. 

We finish our breakfast and go into the living room. "You know, I thought Harry was the messy eater, but I think it might actually be you." Niall just babbles incoherently. "I know. You had egg all over your face.  We might need to start teaching you how to use utensils. What do you think?"  Niall babbles at me. "Maybe Harry will lend you some of his. Now, what do you think we should watch? Peppa? Or Pirates? Or Mickey?" Niall shrieks. "Mickey?" I ask.

"Icky!" Niall shouts.

"Mickey it is then." I turn on the TV . "You know, I should be working right now. My publisher is mad at me because I haven't sent her anything in a little while." Niall isn't paying any attention to me. He's too mesmerized by Mickey Mouse on the screen. "It's okay, you're worth it." 

Eventually Niall falls asleep. We have a couple hours before we need to go get Harry, so I think I should take the time to clean up a bit. I mean, our house has never been spotless (Louis and I are kinda messy), but since the boys have come home we just get busy and don't clean. Our house isn't disgusting. Like, we wash the dishes and do the laundry, but there are toys everywhere. I wouldn't eat off of the floor either. Yeah... maybe it is kinda gross... I'm gonna get cleaning now.

******************

Niall is not happy. I finished cleaning, but he's mad at me because I had to wake him up so we could go pick up Harry and he is not having any of it. I had to change him before we left and that was fun. (Not!) He kicked and screamed the whole time. After a bit of fighting, I finally get him redressed.

"There. All done." Niall is still crying. Greeeat. "I know. I know. You're mad at me for waking you up," I say as we walk down the stairs. "We have to go get Harry though. You know the drill. We can't leave him there all day, can we?" Niall is totally ignoring me and just screaming. I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, baby." I kiss his face and try to wipe away some of the tears. "Daddy's sorry. You can sleep in the car on the way to get Harry." The kisses seem to be working. He's calming down. At least he's not screaming anymore. "Please, don't cry. Daddy's sorry. I know you'd like to, but you can't sleep all day. Plus, we're gonna eat lunch after we get Harry. How does that sound?" Niall has resorted to sulking by laying his head on my shoulder and refusing to answer. "The silent treatment. And here I was thinking we'd have to wait until you were a teenager to get that." I kiss his forehead again as we walk out the door.