He Already Did

*Louis's POV*

"Hey babe, can I talk to you?" I call to Liam after I finish putting Harry to bed. Liam is just getting out of the shower and putting on pajamas.

"What's up?" he asks getting onto the bed with me. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine. I was just thinking about Harry."

"Oh, and why is that?"

"Well, he is three and I was looking into some nursery schools and..."

"And why would you do that?" Liam asks accusingly.

"Be-because I think it would be good for him." I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction. Why is he being so hostile?

"But we don't need that. I'm always home. We don't need to send him away."

"It's not sending him away. It's a school. And it would only be for the morning. I could drop him off on my way to work and you would pick him up at noon."

"Well what am I supposed to do all morning?"

"You could actually have time to write! Which I know you haven't properly done in a while. And this will be good for Harry. Remember how your dad said nursery helped you get over your clingy phase? This can help Harry." 

"Remember I said the clinginess is not a problem? He'll be fine!"

"You seem to forget what happened a couple nights ago, babe." Liam does not look impressed. He actually looks really annoyed. "This will be a good thing! He's always with us. He needs some separation. He needs to learn to be independent again. Fend for himself, you know?"

"He's three and might I remind you, he already did."

"What?" I can't believe he's bringing up the fact that Harry was adopted. "Liam, you know that's not what I meant."

"Well, I'm not making him do it again. He's fine with me and that's the end of the discussion." He rolls over and faces away from me.

"Liam..." I plead.

"No! I'm done. Goodnight," he emphasizes by turning off his bedside lamp.

"Goodnight..." I say in defeat. This isn't exactly the reaction I was expecting. Of course I want to continue the discussion, but there's no sense in discussing when Liam is this upset. It isn't worth the further argument. I roll over and turn off my lamp. "I love you..." I mumble into my pillow.

"Love you, too," Liam mumbles back.

I smile a little. Despite our arguments, we don't know how to stay mad at each other.

*******************************************************************************

The next morning I wake up around 7am and I hear Harry crying. Liam immediately jumps out of bed and I follow soon after. I walk into Harry's room and Liam is holding Harry on his lap and rubbing his back.

"You're okay. Daddy's here. I was just an accident. Shhhh. It's okay," Liam soothes.

"I sorry, Daddy," Harry cries with his face buried in Liam's shoulder.

I sit next to Liam on Harry's bed. "It's okay sweetheart. No need to be sorry. It was just an accident," Liam continues.

"What happened, bub?" I ask, though I already know what happened.

"I... had... a... bad dream... and a... accident..." Harry cries. Poor baby. He hates waking up wet.

"It's okay sweetheart," I say kissing Harry's forehead. "We'll get you all cleaned up. Come here, honey," I say taking Harry from Liam.