We've Been Approved

It had been a little over two years since Louis and Liam started the adoption process. It took a lot of patience and there were a few nights of tears, worrying, and hugs, but they never lost hope.

*****************************************************************************

*Louis's POV*

I came home from work and Liam isn't there to greet me like he usually is. His car is in the driveway though. I walk into the kitchen and see him on the phone while frantically typing onto his laptop. I thought it was just something for his next book but I notice there are tears in his eyes.

"Babe, you okay?" I ask cautiously.

"We've been approved," he saya putting the phone down.

"What?" I wasn't sure he said what I thought he said.

"We've been approved... for adoption. We've even been matched with a child. The adoption agency emailed his picture."

Liam turns the laptop screen toward me and I see a picture of the most beautiful little boy I had ever seen. He has brown hair and big green eyes with the biggest smile on his face. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing from my eyes (nor do I really care at this moment).

"He's beautiful," I manage to choke out before I break down and jump in Liam's lap, not caring that I'm still in my work clothes.

We hold onto each other and just cry for several minutes. We've waited for this moment for so long and it's finally happening. I pull my face out of his neck and we look at each other. Tears still streaming out of our eyes, our noses running, our faces red from crying. We just laugh at each other. I lean in and kiss Liam, and it feels so magical.

"We're gonna be parents," Liam says.

"We're gonna be parents," I repeat. I wipe my eyes a little and ask "When do we get to meet him?"

"Tomorrow... if possible. He's at an orphanage about an hour away. If you can get the day off..."

"Done. I'll just say there was an emergency or something. We're gonna see our baby tomorrow."

"We're gonna see our little boy tomorrow. Our son," Liam says, more to himself than to me.

"Do you know any details about him?"

"All they sent was his name, age, and picture." I give him a look indicating I wanted him to elaborate a little. "Oh, right, yeah, um... his name is Harry and he's 3. They said we'll know more details when we visit the orphanage."

"Harry... I love it."

"I'll just set up the appointment right now and then we can go see him tomorrow."

"When do we get to bring him home?" I ask considering we don't have anything for a child. We didn't want to buy anything without knowing if we were approved yet.

"Well, not tomorrow, but soon. Like, within a month."

"We're gonna be parents."