Sleepover!

*Liam's POV*

Today is the day for Harry and Darcy's sleepover. This will be both children's first sleepover ever, so understandably, Louis, Darcy's mum, and I are all a bit nervous. We've been talking non-stop about it since Harry's party, making plans, comparing bedtime routines, and discussing what to do in any and every kind of disaster scenario possible. 

We decide to host the sleepover at our house. Darcy has been over for playdates plenty of times. She's comfortable here. She's spent the night at her grandparents' house several times. Harry has never spent the night away from home since we adopted him. 

I picked up Harry from school at noon like I always do on Fridays. Darcy should be arriving around 3. Her mum wanted to give Darcy her bath  and let her get in a quick nap before sending her over. We agreed to do the same with Harry. It would be one less thing to worry about and it gives the kids more time to play and have fun before bed. 

I made sure all of Harry's bedding was clean and his room was tidy. Louis and I got lots of kid-friendly snacks for when we watch movies. We got a couple new (age appropriate) lego sets that they can build together. We got a new book to read before bedtime. The kids have been talking about it nonstop. They're so excited.

But even with all the preparations, I'm still worried. Both kids are afraid of the dark. Both kids still wear nappies to bed just in case (though for the most part wake up dry). Darcy wiggles a lot in her sleep. Harry snores. Who knows if they'll actually be able to sleep or if we'll have two grumpy sleepy kids to deal with all night. We're prepared for whatever happens... we hope. 

"Daddy, why do I have to take a nap?" Harry asks as we head downstairs after his bath.  "I don't wanna take a nap! Only Niall takes naps!"

"Shhh... don't wake your brother. You don't want to be tired when Darcy comes over do you?" 

He shakes his head 'no'. "But I'm not tired."

I knew this would happen. The boy hasn't voluntarily gone down for a nap in ages. "Fine then. You don't have to nap. You can just have a lay on the couch. You don't have to sleep, but I want you to rest. Okay?"

"Okay, Daddy. Can I watch tv, please?"

"Yes, darling. Let me get it set up." I put on something age appropriate for him. 

He's asleep in less than 10 minutes. 

*********************************

I wake Harry up around 2:45. "Wake up, Harry-bear. Darcy will be here soon." He wakes up and stretches like a little kitten. He's so cute. He blinks up at me and reaches his arms out to be picked up, so I do. "Did you have a good sleep?" He nods into my neck. "That's good. Are you excited for your sleepover with Darcy?"

He perks up at that. "Yeah! We're gonna watch movies and play legos and play with our bunnies! She has one just like mine, Daddy! Just like Thumper!"

"Oh, yeah? What's her bunny's name?"

"Bun Bun!" Very original. "Papa says we can build a fort too! What's a fort?"

"We'll show you, buddy. Don't worry."

*knock, knock*

I gasp. "I think somebody's here!"

"Darcy?" Harry asks excitedly.

"Let's go see!" 

"Darcy!!" Harry shouts when he sees is best friend. He wiggles to get down so he can hug her. 

"Harry!!" Darcy shouts back and hugs him tight. They're so cute!

Darcy's mum, Jen, and I say our hellos. She hands over Darcy's bag.