Testing

*Louis's POV*

Harry's been home for about a month and Liam and I have learned a few things in that time.

1. Harry is very clingy when he's upset, to the point where Liam had gone to a meeting with his publishers for a few hours and I had to wait until he got home to go to the bathroom because Harry wouldn't let me alone. I was practically bursting by the time Liam came through the door. 

2. Harry is very ticklish. The slightest touch to his sides or feet and he bursts into giggles. It's adorable.

3. He hates waking up wet. It happens 2-3 times a week and he hates it and always cries. 

4. We've completely given up on Harry not being allowed to sleep in our bed. If he's had a particularly tough night and we're all exhausted, it's just easier to put him in bed with us. 

5. He loves bananas. If he knew how to peel his own bananas, we'd probably have to start hiding them from him because he always wants one. 

6. He's afraid of the dark. Liam forgot to turn on the night light once and... it didn't end well. There was lots of tears.

7. He's obsessed with animals, especially cats. I was never really that into Disney, but I swear I've seen the Aristocats and Lion King at least 30 times by now.

8. Harry loves music. No matter what we play, he always giggles and dances along.

9. Harry loves bath time and being in water. After watching The Little Mermaid, he said he wanted to be a mermaid so he could stay in the water all day.

And finally,

10. He is the sweetest, most lovely little baby angel that has ever lived. It's a fact. 

Or so we thought... Every child goes through this stage where they 'test' their parents just to see what they can get away with. Other adoptive parents we've talked to said it happens some time between week 2 and 3 of their child(ren) being home. We thought we had gotten lucky with Harry, considering we were already a month in and he'd only been to time out twice (with success both times) and never thrown a fit. Ha ha. Oh, to be so naive. 

Today we were planning on going for a picnic in the park. It's the weekend and the weather is perfect. However, Harry seems to have some other plans at the moment. 

Harry woke up a little later than usual, which is fine because we went to bed late last night. However, because he woke up late, he missed Peppa Pig on tv.  

"I'm sorry, bub. You missed Peppa this morning. But that's okay. She'll be on again tomorrow," I say.

Harry pouts a little. Normally, he would pout a little then move on and watch something else. This time though, Harry's face changes a little. He looks up at me with wide eyes, then back down, as if deciding what to say. When he looks back up he has a scowl on his face.

"Papa! Wanna see Peppa!" Harry yells and stomps with a huff.

Normally, missing Peppa Pig wouldn't be a big deal. But today, it is.

"Harry, you know we don't yell. That's not nice," I discipline. "You can watch Peppa when she's on tomorrow. I can put on something else for you."

"NO!" Harry shouts. "Peppa!"

"Harry, that's not how we ask for things we want. If you don't stop yelling, you're gonna have to go in time out. Do you understand?" I ask.

"NOOOO!!!" Harry starts throwing a full-on tantrum, which he's never done before. 

"What's going on in here?" Liam asks as he enters the room. He was in the kitchen making sandwiches for your picnic.

Harry continues screaming and throwing his fit.