Chapter 29

"I can't stand seeing him like this anymore, Edward. We have to do something."

"There is nothing to do, William. Understand, he's not particularly doing any thing wrong."

"But this isn't him!"

"Shhh!"

Edward cups William's mouth as they move away from the restroom door. They can still hear the water running and Louis sobs through the small crack that was left open.

He scowls and his younger brother mouths an apology before slowly peeking in again, where they can only see the back of Louis back and hair.

William cringes seeing the way Louis is scrubbing himself, the sponge sounding harsh against his arm, Louis being rough with his own skin, while he whimpers.

William pulls away from the door and shakes his head, running his fingers through his fringe.

"He's fucking clean, William. He's shaved all over already, except his head. He's clean. Yet I think he still believes he's dirty! He's not!"

"Hush will you, he'll hear."

"Edward. He needs help. We need to tell hi-"

"Tell him what? That we've been spying on him when he bathes and we think he's scrubbing himself too hard? Yeah okay. Genius of a plan."

"Edward, this isn't funny."

"Don't you think I want to help him too?"

William peeks his head in again and just watches as Louis puts shower gel on the sponge for the fourth time and begins the process of cleaning himself at his neck, where he knows Louis will start, moving down his chest, legs, stomach, and then arms.

"We can't let him go out anymore. Since he started going out at night to bars, he's been coming home drunk and emotional.....And doing THAT."

"He's fucking 18 William. You think that's gonna work?"

"Well it's better than just standing here doing nothing."

Edward shakes his head and walks away, leaving William to sigh and accept defeat too. He goes to his room and looks up depression symptoms while Edward goes wake up Ethan so he can start on his breakfast and cartoon routine of everyday.

********

[Louis POV]

I watch as Ethan stands at the other side of Athena's cubicle, making funny faces, pressed to the glass. He's a piggy at the moment, and a frowny one too, but he still looks so adorable.

"I just wanna play with her ready."

"You won't be able to play with her for a long time bear. She's still small. You have like one year left to wait."

"One Year?!"

I nod and he whines, making me chuckle at him.

"But daddy, Am gonna be so old."

"Just one year older."

"how older?"

I ponder at how old enough my daughter would really have to be to be able to play with my son and it gives me a little heart ache, realizing my baby boy is growing up to be a big boy.

"Well...your turning 4 in a few months so by the time Athena turns 1 and is able to actually play, you will be about....5."

"5? Oh gosh. that is old!"

"You're going to be in school too baby. Are you excited?"

"I don't know. can I bring me sister?"