Chapter 3

The chair in the corner of the room has now been moved next to the hospital bed, and if you'd ask whether I got in trouble for relocating it, it wouldn't matter anyway.

The sight is truly beautiful.

Magical.

Unbelievable really,

and heart warming.

Louis remains in the bed while he shoves his tiny nose all over Ethan, peppering kisses all over his cheeks while I remain skeptical if he was reborn with the trait or its just a motherly instinct.

It took him exactly 2 days 1 hour 22 minutes and 17 seconds to realize I would not react negatively every time he slipped and pressed a kiss to his face with out my consent.

I spoke not a single word every time he apologized for reacting so physically towards my son.

Our son.

His son.

He doesn't even know it, but I know the connection is there.

I can see the way Ethan aches for his second fathers heat when he's carrying him, the way Louis caresses him, comfort to Ethans soul. I can see the way he holds on a little tighter when Louis holds him, and the hesitation written over BOTH of my boys faces when we're forced to leave.

After a week of visiting Louis in the hospital, I find the source of my problem, why Ethan refuses to sleep at night.

it's Louis.

to no surprise really.....

There's no sleep for me until my next visit to the hospital at the crack of dawn. Until I have to embarrassingly hand over Ethan to Louis and they both sleep all morning on his bed and I pass out next to them on the floor.

Visitation hours close at 10pm and open at 6am. In those 7 hours were apart, I spend my night chanting lullabies Ethan ignores until I'm walking into the hospital room and singing them while Louis swings him in his arms.

By Louis under eyed circles, I can see he gets little sleep too. Whether he feels the absence of his child in those 7 hours, I have no clue. The only thing I do notice, however, is the way his first instinct to act out once I open the door to his room, is make grabby hands at Ethan.

Although I wish I could be closer to that bond they share, I do appreciate the way Louis makes a small bed on the floor next to his before I even arrive.

1 week, and It feels like were pretending to play house. There's no need to because the child is his, and we actually have a home together, but those plans dont seem within reach at all.

I try my best to ignore the way Louis brothers cringe at the way Louis connected with Ethan so quick, in a blink of an eye, Louis was cutting their time to spend it instead with our son.

I blamed biology, but they didn't understand.

"W-Why are you looking at me that way?"

Louis is rubbing his hands together as Ethan plays with the strings of his robe. Completely mesmerized, I've forgotten that I was staring. And that I wasn't being subtle about it either.

"Can I not?"

"It's....strange."

Louis shrugs his shoulders and that tainted innocence of his, is completely gone. Louis is like a newborn himself, and it drives me insane.

The way his cheeks become rose bushes every time I speak to him or even share a glance, is fantastic. Although I loved his confident aura before, this one is as amazing as well.