chapter 11

Hope you've enjoyed the frequent updates! Love all your lovely messages. Enjoy!

_________

"You have to talk to me sooner or later, you know.

"What is there to talk about?"

"Oh I dont know.....maybe about the fact that you're ignoring me or you're purposely trying to avoid Ethan."

"Im not avoiding him. I--I just don't feel well, that's all."

"Really? or is it because you haven't finished reading the letters and you think we're related right about now."

I corner Louis in the kitchen and his cheeks visibly redden, cereal bowl in his hand trembling as I take a step closer. He shakes his head and nods consecutively, and I don't know which response I should take.

"Louis."

"Harry, I-I can't read on. This is so messed up! I-I ...We did it. We're related, what the hell is that!"

"We're not related Louis!"

Louis eyebrows furrow and wow, if he'd just read the letters, I wouldn't have to take so much time to explain. I groan and rub the space between my eyes, getting a minor headache. Louis still looks concerned and I dont blame him, Although the solution is in that box.

"Bu-"

"Louis, that story we gave you in the hospital was nothing but bullshit. I didn't meet you through your brothers, I met you through my used to believe, mom."

Louis places the cereal bowl back on the counter and waves his hands, telling me to step back.

"You're right, this is all bs."

"Louis, im serious."

"Why should I believe anything you said? You said it yourself, this is all bs."

"It wasn't my idea to fucking lie to you, it was your brothers. I just went along with it because they said telling you the truth would minimize your chances of graduating and going to college, something I failed to do."

"But I didn't go. That was a waste"

"Exactly. that's why im telling you now."

"Oh, so that makes it okay to lie to me."

"Shit, no. that's not what im saying."

Louis pushes past me and I follow behind, ignoring his attempts to shut the door to his room in my face. I slam it open and watch as he flinches with my grand entrance.

"Leave."

"At least hear me out. We're not related okay."

"Then why are my first letters directed to you as brother. And why was I begging you to come back? What did you do?"

"What I do?"

I scoff and remember screams coming from the hospital bed, the smaller boy enraged with me for something he had the fault in.

"What did I do? It was you that made me leave."

"How would I ever do that? I've been trying to do so, and you still dont budge."

Louis tries to joke around with the situation, but it's not working in his favor. I still remember his idiotic actions, and the thought of not being here, right now, if we had been even a tad seconds late.

"Look at your fucking wrists and tell me if you notice what shitty idea you had back then."

Louis rolls his eyes and scans his right wrist, shrugging until he turns to look at the left, and stops. He stares, eyes widened, before looking up at me and placing them back by his side.