Chapter 23

It's all a blur.

Its all a memory.

Its all a strange feeling that deepens the unwelcoming feeling in my stomach.

Kisses after cheek kisses, hugs after hugs, pats after pats, I feel like a trophy case at the shower. So many different faces claiming so many different events, they're so hard to put together.

It's all too overwhelming.

this all is a huge mistake.

"Daddy. I wan candy."

Ethan pulls on my sleeve and I nod, excusing myself from someone named Michael talking about what he caught me and Harry doing in the janitors closet.

For once, im thankful for Ethans interruptions, striving to get away. We go inside the home the party is being hosted at and head towards the desert table.

It's my favorite part of the whole shower.

I look around and sigh when I realize were alone.

This is a huge mistake.

Harry isn't even here.

"Ethan, that's too much candy. put some back darling."

"but daddy I wanna."

"you're gonna get a stomach ache baby, no."

"please daddy."

"Let the kid have some candy Lou. promise its all fine."

I spoke too soon, seeing as Niall enters the house with two glasses.

"Fruit punch?"

He hands me a drink and I take it, thanking him. When I look back down at Ethan, he's at it at the candy table Again, and I hear Niall laughing as he doesn't stop grubbing.

"why aren't you outside with the rest of the lads?"

I lean against the wall and shrug, not knowing the answer myself. I dont feel quite comfortable for starters.

"dunno. not feeling quite good really."

"need any medicine? I-I think we got some stomach pill-"

"no no. that's fine. think ....think im just gonna head home if its alright? Ethans bed is approaching."

"Awww really?"

"Really Really."

I pull Ethan away from the candy table and frown when he's got a whole bunch of chocolate all over his mouth and cheeks.

"Ethan, are you serious."

"s good daddy."

"I see. Niall, is there a sink nea-"

"The kitchen is to the right. Napkins on the left side of the wall."

"Do you mind watching Et-"

"Go on ahead Lou."

Niall kneels down and settles next to Ethan, who is grinning with a pirate looking tooth. Oh raisins.

I head over to the kitchen and grab a napkin and making it damp under the faucet. I need to clean Ethan before the chocolate. becomes permanent.

Above the sink is a small window, and I am unfortunate to see the scene unravel before me.

I let the napkin fall out my hands, feeling betrayed of myself, because this wasn't what I expected.

I'd plan to come here and call out Harry for lying to me about not wanting me around his friends.

Not left tongue tied with the sight of him getting out of our shared range rover with a girl, The Girl of my nightmares.