The multi-story building didn't just make up a home for the kids, but also an educational surrounding the gave the kids the opportunity to enhance their skills.

I made it a duty to join the kids in whatever game they wished, never minding how crazy or dirty it might be. This was known by both the directress and kids who always picked a sport before my arrival.

"I will also love to play."

I moved my attention from the directress to Annabelle, she had an innocent look accompanied by a thin smile as we strode into Philippa's office which was a gallery of drawings on sketched papers all pasted on the wall.

"That will be great," Philippa answered.

Unsettled by Annabelle's request, I turned to Philippa and said, "Can I have a minute with Miss Eva?"

She nodded and gave us due privacy.

"What do you think you are doing?" I inquired, concerned for her health, which I believed was unstable despite her insistent.

"You brought me here to have fun and help with the improvement of my health, right?" she paused and I nodded waiting patiently to hear her reasons.

"Well, I'm trying to make the best out of it."

"You just got discharged few days back, it's suicide to run around."

"C'mon, it's just a game with little kids and you know it's a form of excuses, so can I play?" She asked, with slightly opened lips and raised brows that give her a rather aggressive look than the pleading one she aimed for.

"No."

"Damn, this puppy look has failed me twice, I thought it's supposed to always work?"

"It just doesn't fit your face," I stated and watched her jaw plunged.

"If you let me play, I promise to stay clear of your business," she said, with hands raised in an oath.

I smiled at her offer. "Tempting offer, but still no and besides you are also my business."

"Why?"

"Because you are fragile."

She folded her hands on her chest, her smile now swiped to a frown. "You think I'm fragile?"

You think she's fragile? Look at her.

"Yes and this will affect your health, so please Annabelle, please just seat on the bench and watch," I pleaded, and walked out, not ready for her senseless ideas.

***

Annabelle

I was shocked to find Logan standing by my door early morning with his hands in his black chinos.

After Laura's visit which didn't last a minute before she got summoned by the queen, I remained closed doors and not even Darcy could lure me out with her jar of biscuits.

It was a self-imprisonment that only ended with the clear realization that; I was on my own, and Logan would never believe a girl he met a week back, to a lady he knew down to her favourite coffee and shoes.

Wearing a sad look from Logan's rejection of my offer to play with the kids, I walked out of the office and immediately came across Philippa who offered a still packaged sporting trouser and shirt. "His highness always has this prepared, this is meant for you thanks for offering to play I'm sure the girls will love it."

Is he really going to let me play or is she not aware?

Choosing the second option, I accepted the sporting clothes and said my thanks with a smile that matched the lovely lady in front of me.

"Let me introduce you," she said, and led the way down the white hallway filled with rainbow designs, sofas at either side and kids running with kites.

Minutes later, we walked into a blue locker room, filled with young teenage girls all dressed in their blue jersey shirts and shorts.

Philippa made the necessary introduction and left to attend to other issues, while I stared at the girls who had both curiosity and amusement written on their faces.

Football was a game I got equated to through the help of my cousins who used me as fill-up for unavailable players, we used stones for goalpost and rolled on muds just for fun.

"Hey girls, so, I will love to know your names and age," I said, smiling sheepishly at the girls who had their hairs all packed with blue bands.

After seconds of silence from them, a blond girl with sliver braces stepped out from the others. "I'm Agnes's, and I am 13 years old," She said, with a smile that kicked my confidence and raised my hopes of further co-operation.

"I'm Briony, I am 14years," An Asian looking girl holding crutches in both hands said.

And so the introduction continued with each girls saying their names and ages until the last.

I stared at the red-haired girl who reminded me of Poppy as she folded her hands, claiming her territory. "My name is Gemma, I am the captain." She paused and all attention turned to her frowning face.

"Can you play football?"

I imitated her posture but with a smile while the rest watched the staring contest of the alpha female.

Gemme pressed her lips in contemplation for a second before stretching her hands with a mischievous smile. "Welcome to the team."

***

Authors note.

Hey guys, another chapter, Remember to vote and drop your comments 💖