7. Accidental Hit

73. "I can't believe you hit me."

"Welcome back, Kyo-kun!" Wiping her wet hands on her apron, Tohru sprinted to greet her husband with a big welcoming grin on her face, the sound of her footsteps thumping on the wooden floor echoed loudly.

"Hmph." That was Kyo's only reply.

Her smile dropped as she slowed down. A sullen expression was etched on his face, his eyes weary, his shoulder bowed.

"Is everything alright, Kyo-kun? Are you feeling okay?" She gently placed a hand on his shoulder and another on his cheek, looking at him with worry.

"Nothing. Just tired," Kyo said with a forced small smile. "I don't feel like eating today. I'm going straight to bed after showering."

Tohru nodded and watched him head upstairs.

As his shuffling steps scuffed the floor, Tohru wondered what could have gone wrong today. That's when she felt a tug on her skirt. She looked down, only to find her three-years old son peering at her with droopy eyes.

"Mommy, it's raining. I want to sleep." Hajime hugged her leg with his tiny arms, almost dozing off right there.

So that's it.

"Baby, don't sleep here." Shaking her head in dismissal, she picked Hajime up in her arms and patted his back lightly.

She took him to his bedroom and made his sleeping self lie down before covering him with the blanket. Before turning the lights off, she placed a light kiss on his forehead and mumbled, "Goodnight, Hajime-kun."

"Goodnight, Mommy," Hajime mumbled in his sleepy state, making his mom giggle.

Tohru went back to the kitchen where the dinner she had served laid untouched. She let out a sigh and murmured to herself, "Time to put them in the fridge."

She didn't like to eat dinner without Kyo, and she never did, unless he was away from home for training camp or tournaments.

After completing all her chores, she slowly opened the door of her and Kyo's room, to find Kyo dozing off. He was sitting on the edge of their bed, just in his pajama pants. His red towel was barely sitting on his head while water dripped from his damp orange hair. He had clearly passed out in the middle of drying his hair.

A smile formed on Tohru's face, glimpsing at her husband's cute face. A mischievous idea popped up in her mind, something that Arisa had taught her for this kind of situation.

Nothing works like a charm on a bad day as much as sex does.

Tohru slowly tiptoed, going around the room. She climbed up the bed from the other side, cautious not to disturb his peaceful nap. Stifling a giggle, she leaped on him from behind.

"Kyo-" Her words were cut off when his hand caught hers and twisted them painfully. "Eek-" her squeak was muffled when his elbow hit her on the face. "Ahh!" she yelped.

Kyo's eyes shot open at her scream. He frantically gazed around for any trace of his wife.

"I swear I heard Tohru scream," he muttered to himself.

"Kyo-kun..." Tohru's brittle voice called him out. Kyo looked over his shoulder to find her on the verge of tears. There was a doleful expression on her face, her palms pressed to her nose.

"What the hell happened?" Kyo asked quizzically.

"I can't believe you hit me."

Shock crossed his face as a gasp escaped his mouth. "You can't believe what?!"