CHAPTER 4 - ELEMENT (4)

At present, two o'clock in the morning, Kay stares at the sky, dark but covered with light from the lamp. Removing the darkness of the Azur Lane.

He thought deeply, perhaps exhausted after being forced to speak to a very energetic girl from Eagle Union, Cleveland at the cafeteria. It's not that he hates her, it's just too hard for Kay to understand her.

Well, looking at the positive side, at least some girls are going to think that Kay is easy to talk to instead of an unfriendly guy, and doesn't care about them. After all, he's still trying to talk to Cleveland.

"Energetic girls are really hard for me to handle, but that girl is different," Kay said. "I have already seen her, fighting and protecting her friends."

"Well, since I agreed to support them, at least I need to fulfill that promise," Kay said.

While eating at a cafeteria with Belfast, Wales invites Kay to visit her comrades in the Azur Lane, hoping they'll learn and know Kay a little more. Kay, however, immediately dismissed the idea.

"Can I know why, commander?" asked Wales.

"The timing isn't perfect," Kay responded. "We 're still at war right now, particularly against Crimson Axis or whatever."

Kay said they had to force the Sakura Empire to retreat from this battle. The enemies are still nearby, so they can destroy their base.

"Our main objective is to protect Azur Lane and force them to withdraw," Kay said. "Looking at our strength, I think it's ideal."

Wales smiled and acknowledged that. Considering their strength right now, it is very fortunate that their base is still standing. While she doesn't know what Kay 's plan is to support them, at least she can see some hope from Kay 's words.

"I understand, Commander," Wales said. "Our reinforcements will arrive in three days, and it will definitely help the commander to force them to withdraw."

"I can only give you tactical plans to support you," Kay said. "It's up to you if you manage to meet my standards and meet my expectations."

Kay is walking away from Wales, leaving her stranded. While Kay won't help them directly, he's still trying to support them by guiding them through strategy planning.

"It is because of my agreement with Wiseman," Kay said.

******************************************

"I told them to rest today," Kay said. "So, why should I push myself to inspect the base?"

It's three o'clock in the morning, almost every girl in Azur Lane is sleeping. Although, some of them might have woken up to patrol the base. Kay told them to rest today because he said that no enemy will attack the base for at least three days.

Kay walks and walks nonstop. Right now, he's in a park full of gorgeous flowers and scenery. The base is scary at night, but the moon is showing the beauty of the Azur Lane. Kay is really amazed.

Then he's sitting on the bench, trying to rest for a while. He's trying to close his eyes, trying to do some self-reflection.

He heard a voice a few minutes later. It's Belfast and the Enterprise.

"What are you doing here, Master?" Belfast asked.

She seems really upset towards Kay. It's probably because she feels Kay is pushing himself and still awake. They've got a big day tomorrow, and they need their leader to have enough rest.