CHAPTER 49.5 - PARENTING (2)

".....................", said Kay as he saw Akagi-chan and Kaga-chan play around the shipwreck.

It's all utter silent as he can't believe what he saw. As he saw earlier, but worse and scarier than before. Several shipwrecks of sirens, floating around the sea, surround this place.

Corpses, little girls' corpses, are laying and floating on the sea surface. Their faces were as if tortured, before death beckoned them. They are in pain, but death saves them from excruciating pain.

"Kaga...Akagi...", said Kay. "What are you doing?"

Kaga-chan and Akagi-chan who are busy playing with something look towards the voice calling them. As they saw Kay, they look happy. Although, only one of them shows the true happiness while other one only pretends.

"Kay-sama! What are you doing here?", asked Akagi-chan. "Do Kay-sama came here to visit us?"

"What's wrong, Kay-sama?", asked Kaga. "Kay-sama looks...mad...at us..."

"......Do I?", asked Kay. "Hahh, well, doesn't matter. Can I ask, what are you two doing?"

"We are playing with this toy", said Akagi-chan happily as she shows the little girl, probably high-class sirens. "Do you want to play too?"

"Monarch-san said that we can do whatever we want with her", said Kaga-chan. "Monarch-san said, this toy is our enemies to begin with."

"So, she doesn't care what we will do to her", said Akagi- chan.

"....... I see", said Kay. "I see..."

"Kay-sama?", asked Kaga-chan and Akagi-chan when Kay suddenly becomes silent.

Kay is speechless upon hearing that. To be fair, he never expects he will hear this conversation out of their mouths.

He has been here more than one month. So far, he already teaches the children the basic knowledge, but he never thought this will happen.

However, Kay suddenly realized, this problem will occur eventually. But not this fast, it's too soon.

Why? Because he never teaches them about war. The reason is because the children don't need it. It's too early for them to expose them to the dangers of war.

"But they should never do that", said Kay in his mind. "Why? Why? Wait...wait a minute."

"Monarch? Told them?"

"..................."

"Kay-sama, are you alright?", asked Akagi-chan.

"Nah, I'm fine", said Kay. "Hey, mind do me a favor, Kaga and Akagi?"

"Anything for you, Kay-sama!", shouted Akagi-chan happily. "Anything for Kay-sama!"

"I need you and the other children to gather up in one place", said Kay. "Go back to your friends while I talk to Monarch and the other priority ships."

"But! But! I'm not finish playing yet", said Akagi-chan.

"Then, I will tell Amagi that you always skipping training", said Kay. "I wonder what she will say to you."

"Hiiii!! I understand, Kay-sama!", said Akagi-chan. "I will go tell the others! Come on Kaga-chan, let's go!"

Akagi-chan pulls Kaga's hand away and continues to walk towards the other children to tell what Kay said. Kaga-chan glances at Kay just mere second, only to see something she never expects.

Kay's face was very scary, as his eyes were yellow as lightning but still managed to control himself.

Kaga-chan picks another glance at Kay, then she realized that she looks directly at his eyes. Her body as if frozen in fear and she immediately looked away from him.