Chapter 12 Catch Me If You Can

'What the hell?' you say looking down to yourself and then towards EJ.

He immediately stands up and rushes to your side, with the curiosity of a crazed scientist being emitted from every fiber of his existence.

'Allow me to examine you.' he said as he took your once injured hand in his. Gently resting your hand in one of his, he takes his scalpel out with the other one and with a swift move, starts to cut the bandages and pull them away from your hand, in order to reveal the wound underneath. But when the last bandage is successfully cut, what lies underneath makes you gasp from the surprise.

  Were once was the pretty deep bite of the Rake, with a clear print of its teeth on your skin, now lies your untouched, (s/c) skin, not only fully recovered, but with no marks whatsoever. The moment your eyes fall on your healed skin, your eyes open wide with surprise and you immediately place your hand over it to make sure you were not dreaming. But the soft surface of the skin and the absolute absence of pain makes you turn towards EJ for some answers. He, on the other hand removes your hand and examines the hand carefully, mumbling to himself under his navy-blue mask.

'It appears to be fully healed. Your Creepypasta regeneration abilities have awakened, but are far faster than ours.'

'You don't say E-agh.' You choke on something stuck inside your neck. Your hand flies on the bandage, as EJ looks up to you 'There âugh- is something on my t-throat!'

 He gently pulls your hands away and with a swift move cuts the bandages. Before he is able to stop you though, you place your hands back at the wound, only to feel the thread sewn neatly inside the skin of your neck. You gulp hard as you feel disgust and shivers running down your spine.

 'Stay still.' EJ advises you and as you let him remove your hand, he carefully passes the scalpel over your skin, cutting the stitches and releasing your neck. You breathe out heavily.

  'Masky, Hoodie, hold her down.' EJ simply says then.

'What? Why? Hell no!' you try to avoid the two males, but with shift moves, they manage to grab one hand each and hold you down on your chair, despite the furious gazes you throw them.

'It's for your own good ______.' Masky says, his voice painted with understanding.

'H-he...m-must...p-pull the...stitches out..' Hoodie mumbles, and you are barely able to hear him.

'This will hurt a little bit _____.' EJ says turning to you 'Jeff cover Sally's ears.'

To your utter surprise, the forever smiling killer pulls the little girl near him and covers her ears, while smiling slyly to you, giving you the urge to punch him unconscious. But you have other matters to attend to right now, other than beating up Jeff. You turn towards EJ, tensed like an animal ready to attack, but remaining in place and not giving the two proxies any further trouble. All the pastas have their eyes nailed on you ready to act in case of an emergency, but also, to see how you will react to the stitches. Even Ben is looking over his PSP and looks at you with interest painting his bloodshot eyes.

'Ready?' EJ asks you.

You swallow hard but stick to your poker face. How much is it going to hurt anyways?

'Ready.' You announce in an even voice.

He gently grabs one of the loose strings and pulls it out with a sharp move.

There is absolute silence.

All eyes are on you, but you have an impenetrable poker face on. Not even the proxies that were holding you felt any major change that acquired them to use their strength to keep you down. Not even a single movement is shown from your side. Not even a single sound. Jeff looks at you with even wider eyes, while EJ remains inches away from you and in complete silence. He is waiting for any sign of pain from your side. A tear, a scream, something. But you are completely silent which is more disturbing than the screams. The only thing that is heard is your breathing. Slow, controlled and even. All the other pastas are currently holding their breaths so see what you will do.