Chapter 2 Kill

He smiled slyly to you as all his other friends slowly came in through the front door. Your mother screamed and lunched for the phone, trying desperately to call the police, while you grabbed Cady, closing her into your protective arms, looking around the kitchen for a possible way out. Unfortunately, both you and your mom were unlucky this fateful night. Three of the guys launched against her, grabbing her with ease and throwing her down on the floor, while all the windows in the kitchen were too far and you couldn't reach them while having Cady in your arms.
  '_____ RUN!!' your mother yelled at you, but then screamed loudly as a pair of knuckles landed hard on her face. She screamed and tried to free herself, as blood started coming out from her nose. The guys above her laughed harder and started punching her wherever they could reach, laughing more and more at her desperate screams for help.
  'MOM!!!!' you had to help her somehow!
You looked around you, immediately noticing the knife holder. You let Cady down, pushing her behind your back, protecting her between you and the counter, while you grab two kitchen knives and hold them tightly in your hands, turning towards the invaders. The other three that remained, including the leader only look at you and laugh their hearts out.
 'You still want to go the hard way darling? This time you ain't getting away. We'll make ya pay.' He says menacingly and he takes out a small pocket knife.
  '_____ watch out!' Your mother yells at you, but soon enough the one standing on top of her duck tapes her mouth. Her muffled screams continue to be heard as you steadily look at her. But then, your eyes fell on your father. He had stopped moving long ago. His eyes were looking straight in front of him in the ceiling, completely void and lifeless, while his head was resting in a huge pool of blood. HIs throat was slit from edge to edge, resulting him to drown in his own blood. It was right then when realization hit you hard on the face. These guys hadn't come here in order either to steal or punish you. They had come to kill you. Right beside your father, your mother was still struggling the best way she could to fight them back, with various cuts and bruises along her face. Hot, big tears were rolling down her white cheeks.
  You turned again to the leader. Anger boiled hard inside of you, so strong, like hot lava that resonated throughout your body. It fired you up, seeking revenge from them. You held the knives strongly and launched against them, full power. You swung the knife, trying to cut them with any way possible but they were quicker this time. They dodge it quite easily, with more skills that they had in the past, which only made you wonder if they went easy on you last time. You swung the first knife on the leaders’ face, you swung the second knife on the guy on your left, both of them managed to dodge them. Before you could even see what was going on, a knee landed on your stomach with power. You gasped, as blood came out of your mouth and you smashed on the wall behind you. You failed to maintain your balance thus you fell on the floor, trying to breathe despite the excruciating pain that you were given.
   Then, the second kick landed. And it landed hard on your face. You felt your nose break and your face was covered with an intensive pain. You put your hands to protect your face, only to realize that blood had filled your face, since your nose was shattered. But they didn’t stop there. Soon, only one remained with your mother and all the others gathered around you, like a circle of crows, ready to devour their potential victim. All of them attacked you. Kicks, punches, even stabs were coming from every possible way. You just couldn’t protect yourself. They were too many and too quick for you to manage to defend or even protect yourself. They tried to hit every corner of your body, trying to end you. And you believed that they were capable to do that. You didn’t know how many minutes had passed. It could be hours, centuries, or even mere seconds. They only thing you knew was that the beating wouldn’t stop and that you were going to die soon from your injuries. No, you prayed to the all merciful God to kill you right there, right now. That way, the rest of your family would be safe, as the thugs would have gotten what they wanted. Your life. After a little while, you just stopped trying to protect yourself. You just waited for the inevitable, it wouldn’t take long.
  Then, as if by a mere miracle, the beating stopped. You looked up, trying to see through all the blood that had fallen on your eyes, only to see the leader coming towards you. He kneeled beside you, grabbing you from your hair and pulling, he brought your head inches away from his face.
 ‘Now ya see that we’re nat joking.’ He said and standing up, he pulled you along with him. The others laughed and made way for the two of you, as the leader led you to the kitchen and with a kick on your waist, he send you flying on the table. You fell on it with full power, making it break and resulting into you landing on the floor, just a few inches away from the terrified eyes of Cady, who stared at the whole scene in front of her with wide eyes, not daring to speak.
 ‘Finish the other one.’ The leader commanded with a small nod of his head, still looking at you with a terrifying smile.
  You only coughed up a large amount of blood, trying desperately to look to you right. You barely managed to tilt your head and peek through his feet, only to see the other grabbing your mom from her hair and drag her to the hallway. You tried your best to talk, but in response, you had another round of coughed up blood. But you had to do something! Your eyes opened with surprise as you saw them throwing her on the floor and bending above her menacingly. This wasn’t good! You felt your heart pound loudly inside your chest, as she resonated the fear across your whole body. The others pulled the duck tape away, enabling your mother to speak. But she had long ago lost her ability to speak from her utter terror.
  ‘P….plea….se……..don’t…..hu…rt…h..er.’ you begged the leader, turning your face towards him, tears falling from your eyes in huge quantity. Your heart was now shattered, cut in little pieces. It was your entire fault. You had brought the misfortune over your family. And now, one by one, they were suffering because of you. This thought alone, was enough to drive you to madness.
The leader looked at you with a icy cold stare ‘This is yar punishment, b!tch.’
  ‘…Ca….dy…...’ you turned to your sister.
Her face was stained with big tears that dripped down to the floor, while she was unable to move. In the sound of your voice though, she turned her adorable face towards you.
  ‘….Don’t….look…’ you said and nodding, she covered her eyes with her small hands.
‘______’ you then heard your mother calling you.
You weakly turned towards her, only to meet with her face, smiling to you with the warmest smile, the kind of which, only a mother could give her beloved child. Tears were rolling down her cheeks, but she only continued to smile sweetly.
‘My child, take care of Cady. I love you so much.’ She whispered.
  Then it all happened.
Despite your heavy injuries, your back made a perfect arc and a penetrating scream left your mouth. It was one of those sights that the mind just refuses to comprehend. It just stops working and leaves you numb towards the sight that lies in front of you, trying in his turn to protect what sanity is left inside of the individual. You just screamed and screamed; trying the hardest you could to move yourself and ran to your beloved, sweet mother.
  But when the hand of your mother hit the floor lifeless, you knew that it was all over, so you stopped screaming altogether. You just laid there, staring in utter shock and terror to the brutal scene that was laid out in front of you. You just couldn’t comprehend it.
  ‘Now let’s see what we’ll do with you darlin’’ the leader said merrily. He nodded to his fellow murderers and as they laughed, they threw him the two kitchen knives you had grabbed before. He grabbed them in the air, and kneeling on top of you, he sat on your belly.
  ‘Let’s see…’ he wondered, grabbing your (h/c) and pulling them back, so that he could look at your face with ease.
  You stared at him dead serious, your heart dripping with blood as tears were falling from your eyes.
 ‘Why..are you…doing this?’ you questioned him, voice full of hatred.
‘Why, why you are saying!’ he said, bending down to you, and smiling like a crazy person, making your blood freeze.
  ‘It’s because witches and ghosts are singing: Trick and kill!’ he said laughing manically, and putting one of the knives on your face, he begun caressing your cheek with it ‘Why are you crying?’ he said, wiping a tear with the cold blade.

You didn’t respond.

‘Hmmm, how about we give you a real tear?’ he said, grabbing your head tightly.

  You screamed and tried to move your head, but his friends came to his help, holding your head and hands in place, so that he could do his gruesome job. He placed the knife just a few inches above your eyebrow. You felt the cold blade penetrate your skin, and the blood starting to drip down. You screamed, he laughed and pulled the knife all the way down, cutting your skin deeply. You screamed even louder, with blood blurring your vision. But still, you could see perfectly clear with that eye, for reasons you didn’t know. He proceeded to do the same to your other eye, cutting it down, until your jaw. He laughed louder and after stabbing you repeatedly on the chest, he stood up. It was the end. You could feel it. The cold numbness had begun to spread on your body and your mind started growing numb. This was the end.

‘No!!! Stop hitting MY SISTER!’ you heard a voice say.

  Trying with all your might, you focus on the little female figure that was now standing protectively in front of you, her arms open, trying to stop them from coming closer to you.

  ‘Ca…dy…..no!...’ you tried to stop her.

The other laughed hard ‘Whose that?’

‘Her little sister.’

‘She’s trying to protect her. Hahahaha.’

‘What a little piece of sh!t.’ one of them said and took some steps towards the small kid.

 ‘Cady……RUN!!!’ you tried to warn her, raising your hand towards her.

There was a sharp flash.

 Everything froze.

The little girl’s body fell lifeless beside you.

‘CADY!!!’ you screamed with all the power you had left.

The others laughed. They called you names. How foolish you were, how desperate, how fate served you right. Your eyes closed, with the image of your little sister, lying beside you with eyes wide open…..and…..empty.

You were floating inside a dark lake. Everything around you was pitch black, not a single ray of light was anywhere to be found. You were floating gently in the middle of the lake, allowing the cold numbness to take you into its arms, releasing you from the excruciating pain. Ah, the pain was long gone. No more pain, no more suffering. You were finally able to die. The All-Merciful Lord had allowed you to take that single step and dive into the abyss of death. Soon, you would be able to reunite with your family. Everyone would be there. Your father, your mother…..Cady…..Once again you would be able to see them, to embrace them, to feel once again welcomed and loved in the arms of the ones that raised you and made you the person you are today. Ah, even in these last moments, the few ones that kept you apart, were enough to miss them dearly. There was only the deep longing of being part of them once again. To see the encouraging smile of your father. To feel the warm arms of your mother wrapping protectively around you once again. To be able to gaze into the deep (e/c) eyes of Cady and give her a tender kiss on the top of her head. To be happy once again. So you simply waited for the light to flash around you.

   But then, a beating started to sound through the complete darkness.

 At first it was a low beat, barely audible inside the cold water. But as the seconds passed, it only grew louder and louder, making you cover your ears to be able to resist it. It was a deafening sound that drove you mad. Soon, it was accompanied with various images that flashed in your eyes. 

Blood.

Murder.

Pain.

Killers.

Laughing.

Blood.

Laughing.

Murder.

Blood.

Blood.

Blood.

The view and scent of blood started to flood you from every possible inch of your body. It was like a haunting aura that gently wrapped around your body, trying to keep you warm. It infiltrated your body slowly but steadily, with an alluring sweetness that send shivers down your spine. It’s taste. It’s scent. It’s everything. You felt it creeping slowly inside every fiber of your body, sliding painfully slowly through your veins, moving along with your own blood, coming closer and closer with every single beat your heart took each second. It warmed you up. It send the coldness away, wrapping your body in its deadly embrace and you were left there, not only unable to do the slightest move, but craving; craving for the blood to engulf you inside of it, ripping apart your soul and filling it with its lustful touch. And just for this once, it granted you your wish.

  When it finally reached your heart, it set it on fire.

It burned hard and with such heat, that made you want to scream on the top of your lungs. To scream until your lungs would be ripped apart. A victorious, crazy scream of absolute madness, as your very soul was being burnt to the ground inside your body, resonating throughout your whole existence, eliminating all the things that made you who you were. And you were glad. You were ecstatic that this fire had chosen you. because as it burned you down, the faces of the killers that ripped your life apart started flashing in front of your eyes. Their laughs, their comments, their kills, the blood that covered them all, the alluring scent of blood that made you want to shove your hands in it and start drinking it. Because they had killed what was most sacred to your life. They had snatched away from you the only thing that made you who you were and kept you away from the monster that is called insanity. You had failed your own family, you had allowed these demons to brutally end their lives. It was your entire fault. You failed to protect your sister. You let them do that to your own family. So how could you possibly just die now and reunite with them? No, death wouldn’t give you the satisfaction of taking the thing that these demons were holding most dear. But it wasn’t only them. They weren’t the only demons out there. Somebody must have heard and did nothing. You must hunt them all down. You must dip your hands into blood. Only the blood would now give you the satisfaction you wanted. Only that could keep you alive. And you would hunt it. You would hunt them down, like the animals they were. Kill them all, kill…..kill……kill….KILL!

   You want blood. You want lots and LOTS of blood. All for you, all in your service. To indulge, to get lost inside of it, to become one with it. To worship it!

Your wild and insane scream resonated into the silence. 

You laughed. Laughed and laughed and laughed, finally taking that last step into madness. Cause you had walked to the edge of all light and took that first step into the darkness. And the feeling was so overwhelming, that you lost yourself into it. And you laughed insanely.

Your eyes opened wide. You were staring to the ceiling of your kitchen. Strangely, you could see so clearly, that you were able to see the small cracks that had formed over the years on it, so small, barely visible. You took a deep breath and you could smell the cookies your mother burnt three days ago, the smell of the chicken you ate for lunch and another smell, a smell that started clouding your mind like a thin mist, a smell that was overwhelming you. Blood. Lots and lots of blood. And then you could hear them. They roamed around the house searching for precious items and then gathering back into the hallway.

 Using only your back, you lifted your body into a sitting position. You gazed over your body and were able to see the blood that had covered you, but not the wounds anymore. Beside you, there were the kitchen knives you used before. You slowly reached out for them and took one in each hand. Slowly but steadily, you got on your feet, who felt kind of strange.

 ‘Wait.’ A voice sounded, clear as a bell into your ears.

‘Is she still alive?’

‘How can she still be alive?’

‘It’s impossible.’

‘What is she?’

Voices said, coming from the hallway. The murderers. You held onto the knives with all your strength….and looked up.
 The moment they saw you, they all screamed loudly and you heard their hearts skip various beats inside their chests. Terror was painted on their faces, terror that you haven’t seen on any human.

You smiled widely.

‘MONSTER!’ they screamed and ran out of the house, dropping everything behind.

Your laughter echoed in the night, as you ran behind them.